2 Videos- Berimbolo Modern- Self-Defense Tradition

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Little_Tony, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Little_Tony

Little_Tony White Belt

2. YellowFury

YellowFury Blue Belt

personally i feel like self defense gets put on the back burner. i like this defense a lot

3. Little_Tony

Little_Tony White Belt

I agree 100%!

4. BjjStats

BjjStats Yellow Belt

When you are knocking him down with the slide reset are you pushing the DLR hook deep so that it is in front of his far hip? I know pushing the hook deep can put the leg in danger, so I was wondering how to find the right balance?

5. bjjaz

bjjaz Got the Rock...Time to Roll

Good video, I get leg dragged sometimes from that position so thats good to have a defense.

6. Little_Tony

Little_Tony White Belt

BjjStats,

You are correct. Putting the de la riva hook too deep can put one in danger for a leglock attack. The de la riva hook is engaged and not loose when attempting to knock the opponent to the mat.

I like to do a combo of strategies to get the opponent's hip to the mat. From the standing reference point:

* I like to control the belt and have my free foot pushing the hip to knock the guy down or use Rafael Mendes' pulling the opponent close strategy with a good angle form posting the free foot to the mat only to bring the foot back to the hips to lift the guy in the out.

* I like to also hook the far knee with my feet foot for distance control and protection against legdrags.

* I like to have my free foot to the mat to do this slide-rest strategy.