2 more fights, then Bones is MMA GOAT

I said GREATEST LHW's. Gus is no where near one of the greats. He only has 1 top 10 win his whole career, an already Jones destroyed Shogun. And he couldn't even finish Shogun. Gus is a great mma boxer, but that's about it. Jones is a great mma fighter, which is why he didn't wilt in the championship rounds like Gus did. Gus isn't championship material.

well stated sir

If he beats Cain he will be GOAT, and it wont even be close imo. But he doesn't need to beat him to be GOAT. He's already close. He may have already surpassed GSP with this win over the talented Cormier. It wont be long before he surpasses Fedor and Silva in my book.

He's already beaten far superior competition than Anderson, including some of Anderson's best opponents (Hendo and Belfort).

Hendo, Belfort, Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Cormier. It's ridiculous.

he's already the goat imo as well...and this is coming from a fedor fan...but with all these posts I guess the argument is still there...and its pretty cool that bones is aware of the doubters and using it as motivation to become the goat so that there is no debate...

he already stated that 2015 will be a big year for him...so he probably is going to start training ahead of time thinking that gus will be his next opponent for the rematch...but then there will be nobody left to fight at lhw...so his 3rd fight this year would probably be a hw fight...

but how can you guys really argue that gsp or silva deserves goat status over bones?? if you stack up the competition they beat...its a no contest in bones favor imo...the people he beat are former champions and legends in this sport....

Decisions mean nothing. There has to be finishes. You know, those things that Fedor and Cro Cop did to their opponents?

He's already beaten far superior competition than Anderson, including some of Anderson's best opponents (Hendo and Belfort).

When did Jones fight Henderson? Did you mean Sonnen?

This.

My favorite fighter of all time is Fedor but Jones has officially become the GOAT of MMA at this point:

A- He's currently undefeated (the Matt Hamil DQ was more Hamils doing than Jons)

B- His record isnt against subpar fighters (He's beaten the best there is at LHW from ANY org)

C- His style isnt just to win rounds like GSP. (Jones takes risks, improvises, and improves in every fight to date. He has evolved with the sport where Fedor did not)

D- He would destroy Anderson Silva.

E- He just out wrestled an Olympic medalist wrestler.

F- He was the youngest LHW champ in History

G- He has defended the championship belt 8 times.

Thats why JBJ is currently the GOAT of MMA.

Back