1st Muay Thai Class

Newcastle

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am going to be attending my 1st Muay Thai class tonight (free) to see how I like it. I am a pretty athletic guy (played soccer all my life) but very out of shape and generally haven't been taking care of myself too well aside from working out at the gym (weight training). What can I or should I expect from my first class?

I'm a little self-conscious going into something w/zero exposure to aside from watching MMA and K-1. I am hoping that I don't die from a lack of conditioning and stick w/this as I think it will be a lof of fun. I guess if anyone has any positive/negative experiences or general advice it would be much appreciated.

Its gonna be tough..but fun..youll be TIRED and gassed probably pretty soon..concentrate on technique and listen to your trainers

Yes, listen to the trainer's and the more experienced students...and be respectful to all your instructors.
They should teach you the etiquette of Muay Thai training, for example bowing when entering and leaving the gym.

Newcastle said:
I am going to be attending my 1st Muay Thai class tonight (free) to see how I like it. I am a pretty athletic guy (played soccer all my life) but very out of shape and generally haven't been taking care of myself too well aside from working out at the gym (weight training). What can I or should I expect from my first class?

I'm a little self-conscious going into something w/zero exposure to aside from watching MMA and K-1. I am hoping that I don't die from a lack of conditioning and stick w/this as I think it will be a lof of fun. I guess if anyone has any positive/negative experiences or general advice it would be much appreciated.

Hey there, I had my first Muay Thai class yesterday. I'm in decent condition but that work-out was pretty tough and I can imagine places 10x's as hard, so good luck. My elbows and knees are hurting from the bag work, but it's alot of fun and the leg kicks are the shit! Tell me how it goes.

Well I just got done w/my first class and it wasn't bad at all. It was a pretty light session and the instructor (Tomer Litvin/"Zoti" on the Sherdog) took some time to work w/me individually at the beginning and was nice enough to pair me w/a couple of his more experienced fighters who were really cool. They took the time to help me out and not beat me to death. LOL. For anyone in the North Dallas area, I highly recommend checking out this gym.

http://www.siamstarmuaythai.com/main.html

Thank you for the kind word. I hope to see you as a regular member at our gym.

Good deal.

I didnt know what to expect either when I first started. I was surprised how friendly the atmosphere was.

I have been doing it for about 2.5 months now and love it.

Back