196 just became a very weak card...

Nate vs Connor
Holm vs Tate
Nunes vs Valentina
Anderson vs Lawlor
Latifi vs Villante

A title fight 2 champs, 5 top 6 fighters, 9 top 15 fighters all on the main card.

Plus 4 or 5 pretty good prelim matchups. It's not a huge card like 194 or 189 buts it's very solid

Why is everyone sleeping on Jim Miller vs. Diego Sanchez? After the main event, that was always the most interesting/exciting fight IMO.

Best stacked card this year scheduled so far is
UFC on FOX 19 Main Event:

155 lbs.: Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

UFC on FOX 19 Card:

205 lbs.: Rashad Evans vs. Mauricio Rua
205 lbs.: Lyoto Machida vs. Dan Henderson
155 lbs.: Michael Chiesa vs. Beneil Dariush
135 lbs.: Bethe Correia vs. Raquel Pennington
145 lbs.: Cub Swanson vs. Hacran Dias
170 lbs.: Court McGee vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
185 lbs.: Cezar Ferreira vs. Caio Magalhaes
155 lbs.: Drew Dober vs. Islam Makhachev
135 lbs.: John Dodson vs. Manny Gamburyan

Damn. Tough crowd.

I think the card is solid. Even intriguing.

Best stacked card this year scheduled so far is
UFC on FOX 19 Main Event:

155 lbs.: Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

UFC on FOX 19 Card:

205 lbs.: Rashad Evans vs. Mauricio Rua
205 lbs.: Lyoto Machida vs. Dan Henderson
155 lbs.: Michael Chiesa vs. Beneil Dariush
135 lbs.: Bethe Correia vs. Raquel Pennington
145 lbs.: Cub Swanson vs. Hacran Dias
170 lbs.: Court McGee vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio
185 lbs.: Cezar Ferreira vs. Caio Magalhaes
155 lbs.: Drew Dober vs. Islam Makhachev
135 lbs.: John Dodson vs. Manny Gamburyan
Ha, I just got done posting something about this stacked card in a different thread. I agree, it's loaded. You left out Rose Namajunas vs Tecia Torres which should be good.

I am not a Conor fan, but his fights never fail to impress.

Holm-Tate should be entertaining and I am curious how Nunes-Schevchenko will go down.

I will be buying this one. I wouldn't call it a weak card

Jarl

I don't agree that Ronda folded and Miesha has previously shown suspect cardio but to answer your question Miesha has a wrestling background. That means she's able to shoot singles and doubles which is something many people have said Ronda should have done.

Miesha's wrestling pedigree isn't that storied, she's really just a high school wrestler and she'll have to set up those takedowns with her strikes and her striking just isn't good enough to threaten or pose any type of problem for a legitimate world boxing champion, this is Women's MMA where the possibility of the knockout becomes extremely rare so Miesha having the 'punchers chance' becomes virtually impossible and not to mention Holly works with Izzy Martinez on her wrestling who guys like Jon Jones swear by. Miesha may have the better submission game but can she get Holly on the ground for that to matter? Again look at all those girls Ronda tapped when she got them down, Holly must have some knowledge of jujitsu because she got out of that spot with Ronda where no one else could but that could be contributed to the fact she had Ronda pretty much out on the feet with the first punch.

Miesha's tough and she may try to make this a scrappy fight but when you see how many times someone of Eye's caliber hit her and expect her to beat someone whose actually proven in the world of boxing and add in the knowledge of how susceptible Miesha is to the headkick which Holm has several finishes and finally look at how awful her fight IQ is(trying to grapple with Ronda) with I just can't convince myself this will be anything but a beating.

Oh, good. At least one other person knows what's up.
People get too hung up on rankings and contender fights, imo. This is going to be an entertaining brawl. I'm hoping for some top notch grappling too.

The only good fight was the main. (Is still pretty good now)
The rest is utter garbage.
UFC is starting to make cards like boxing.
I fking hate that.
Bring back pride cards. They have the roster for that.

Miesha's wrestling pedigree isn't that storied, she's really just a high school wrestler and she'll have to set up those takedowns with her strikes and her striking just isn't good enough to threaten or pose any type of problem for a legitimate world boxing champion, this is Women's MMA where the possibility of the knockout becomes extremely rare so Miesha having the 'punchers chance' becomes virtually impossible and not to mention Holly works with Izzy Martinez on her wrestling who guys like Jon Jones swear by. Miesha may have the better submission game but can she get Holly on the ground for that to matter? Again look at all those girls Ronda tapped when she got them down, Holly must have some knowledge of jujitsu because she got out of that spot with Ronda where no one else could but that could be contributed to the fact she had Ronda pretty much out on the feet with the first punch.

Miesha's tough and she may try to make this a scrappy fight but when you see how many times someone of Eye's caliber hit her and expect her to beat someone whose actually proven in the world of boxing and add in the knowledge of how susceptible Miesha is to the headkick which Holm has several finishes and finally look at how awful her fight IQ is(trying to grapple with Ronda) with I just can't convince myself this will be anything but a beating.

That's great and all but I didn't say Miesha would be able to effectively use her wrestling I said wrestling is something Miesha has that Ronda either doesn't have or doesn't use.

Your statement that KOs are rare in WMMA could also be interpreted to mean Miesha will be less worried about being KOed opening up more opportunities to shoot which means more opportunities for TDs.

Now the big question: do I think Miesha will win or have great success with her wrestling? Realistically I seriously doubt it. However I don't think we can ignore the fact that Miesha does have different skills than Ronda so they can't be directly compared. Nor can we automatically assume Miesha won't be able to use those skills.

As for Holly out grappling Ronda, while Holly was smart and patient in her defense, I think her not getting tapped had more to do with Ronda not being at her best than Holly's grappling skills. That's a credit to Holly because she's the reason Ronda wasn't at her best but I don't agree with people saying Holly is the superior grappler and Ronda isn't a threat on the ground. Heck Miesha got out of a few sub attempts with Ronda too and we know how that ended.

Ha, I just got done posting something about this stacked card in a different thread. I agree, it's loaded. You left out Rose Namajunas vs Tecia Torres which should be good.
I just crtl + v mmamania.

Def good match there

I like these Prelims alot
- Brandon Thatch vs. Siyar Bahadurzada
- Erick Silva vs. Nordine Taleb
- Diego Sanchez vs. Jim Miller

Also Chas Skelly is on a nice 4 fight win streak.
Great card.

Ah, we found 1 of the 4 people on earth ordering the card for RDA.
No, there were plenty if us ordering for RDA vs Conor, cuz that's an awesome fight. Some people actually care about the fights, not just Conor.

I was buying before RDA got hurt, couldn't really care less now about Conor vs 10 day notice Nate Diaz. I'll look up any exciting fights the next day.

i think mcgegor v diaz is going to be cracking. neither has to do a weight cut so both going in at peak performance just ready to bang. nothing on teh line, no risks for anyone, not even any rankings involved, gonna be a cracker.

Miesha v Holly is going to be really interesting. Holly only looked god against Rousey and Mediocre prior to that. Meisha can beat everyone except it seems Rousey. Fascinating matchup.

The rest of the card is littered with some really good matchups. I like it, a lot. would like it more with a WSW bout on it.

Back