196 is under one month away but..

NinjaSpider

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
only 8 fights booked ?

A lazy average count on wiki going a few events back is at about 13 fights per event. Did i miss something ?

Also, isnt the card very top heavy ?. Connor vs Dos Anjos and Holm vs Tate are huge fights but there are zero fights besides that of any significance. I mean....when Chas Skelly is the most exiing thing 2 fights from the top
then there isnt much to feel exited about.

/moan

Yeah, I was checking out that card yesterday and it seems kinda weak. Some good fights and some fights having potential to be very boring (Elkins and Taleb fight)

Latifi vs Villante shouldn't be that high on PPV. Not interested in BJ Penn vs Siver either.

They should have at least one more strong main card fight.

The card is awful

Not sure if I even want to wake up for around 5 minutes of action

Best believe there are already fights signed but not yet annouced. Expect the UFC to go all out marketing this card in the next few weeks.

Card is shit to be honest, only interested in Conor/RDA, Holm/Tate and Latifi/Villante

Lol at people complaining. This card is purely designed for the main and co main. Shit guys.

I hope the UFC got a plan B if someone drops out tho.

If there are cards that can be held up by one a single fights then it's this. Connor vs RDA is huge it's basically a historic UFC event if no one egts injured. Holm ahs looked vulnerable outside the Ronda fight so there's at least that and Tate is better than all her opponents minus Ronda.
And Conor vs RDA is HUGE it's 2 active champs fighting each other and Conor is possibly the biggest UFC fighter ever in terms of popularity and RDA is h2h one of the best LWs ever

only 8 fights booked ?

There are 10 that we know about. 8 are listed on the UFC website and the other 2 are the Latifi fight and Miranda/Guimaraes - which haven't been made official. The card needs one more nice fight.

Currently this card isn't buyable.

I don't care if the rest of the card is all fight pass level fights. I'd pay $60 just for RDA/Conor.

Mma fans are too spoiled.. Boxing fans pretty much only pay for the main event.

There's certain fights that hype you up too much, that you end up not giving a crap about the other fights.

Dana said on the weird air horn blowing radio show (one that he shown sages throat on) that the rest of card was no where near done.

I imagine they'll add a so-so main card and a handful of prelims very soon.

Back