196 is under one month away but..

last i checked you don't pay $60 for the prelims.

I thought this card was bad as well but with BJ it could be really good. I also looked on the ufc website and the card is generally just better than I thought. There is no bout order but this is good for a ppv:

McGregor vs. dos Anjos (legitimate super fight, should've been done for UFC 200 because I can't see any one beating dos Anjos if he defended once more before UFC 200)
Holm vs. Tate
BJ Penn vs. Denis Siver
Amanda Nunes vs. Shevcheko (#1 contender fight considering how hard Shevchenko wrecked Sarah Kaufman in every department including grappling)
Sanchez vs. Miller

Prelims:
Silva vs. Taleb

I predict one million buys, especially after Silva KTFO Taleb brutally and people just can't resist themselves. Plus BJ Penn is a legend that EVERY ONE knows him, he is more famous than the hardcore crowd think. And a lot of eyes will be on Holm because this is her first fight back since she KTFO Rousey.

what are you guys talking about the the mains are pretty good w/ BJ coming back and fucking Shevcheko against number 4 Nunes? I don't think theres been 2 woman matches as exciting since 193. Hell i don't even remember 2 woman matches, let alone 2 good ones on the same card since 193.

for me, this particular fight needs no opening acts.
I'd prefer just that fight at 8pm my time. I'm too old to stay up to 1am all the time messes up my work schedule.

Honestly I think this card was kinda rushed, all the fights were booked really fast. Even the main event, a superfight, you would expect a big hiatus between the announcement and the fight so they can go hard on the marketing side. I'm not complaining though, I wish all fights happened 2 months after announcement.

It has 10 fights if you include the 2 rumored fights of Miranda/Magrao and Latifi/Villante. Plus BJ Penn is supposed to be on the card making it 11. They usually have 12 fights in Vegas so it's possible they add a final fight on top of that.

I think it's looking pretty weak. The title fights are great, Nunes/Shevchenko and Miller/Sanchez are good, then there's 4 okay fights and a couple of fights I don't give a shit about. So BJ Penn would help the card quite a bit.

It isn't that bad but I'm used to Conor being on great cards after 189 and especially 194.

I thought this card was bad as well but with BJ it could be really good. I also looked on the ufc website and the card is generally just better than I thought. There is no bout order but this is good for a ppv:

McGregor vs. dos Anjos (legitimate super fight, should've been done for UFC 200 because I can't see any one beating dos Anjos if he defended once more before UFC 200)
Holm vs. Tate
BJ Penn vs. Denis Siver
Amanda Nunes vs. Shevcheko (#1 contender fight considering how hard Shevchenko wrecked Sarah Kaufman in every department including grappling)
Sanchez vs. Miller

Sanchez vs Miller is not on the PPV. They've already announced it will be on Fight Pass, continuing their new policy of pissing off people who refuse to subscribe to Fight Pass. And do we even know if this BJ Penn thing is for real?

The main and co main fights, alone, are better than the entire original 196 card was...

Sanchez vs Miller is not on the PPV. They've already announced it will be on Fight Pass, continuing their new policy of pissing off people who refuse to subscribe to Fight Pass. And do we even know if this BJ Penn thing is for real?

Sanchez vs Miller is on FS1, not fight pass.

Main and co-main alone sell over 1 million PPV buys. Why bother with the rest. Might as well stack the other PPVs that need the extra help.

Back