1908 Jack Johnson became the 1st black HW boxing champion 08 Barack 1st black pres.?

JJ was the man. A true pioneer.

johnson-jack-5.jpg

So what the point of this post [with the two long quotes]?

Just pointing out that some racists weren't global supremacists, and wouldn't necessarily be threatened by a black boxer's dominance (now someone like David Blackwell or Clifford Johnson, well......:D).

The quotes are probably too long, but I'm sick of seeing creationists butcher the Huxley quote, and thus prefer the full one.

Just pointing out that some racists weren't global supremacists, and wouldn't necessarily be threatened by a black boxer's dominance (now someone like David Blackwell or Clifford Johnson, well......:D).

The quotes are probably too long, but I'm sick of seeing creationists butcher the Huxley quote, and thus prefer the full one.

Good stuff.

I'll be honest. I listen to Jack Johnson. You got a problem with that?

I'm trying to get my post count up so I'm gonna post pictures to post whore.

JackJohnson1905BW.jpg

Jack%20Johnson%20vs%20Stanley%20Ketchel.gif

boxing-johnson1.JPG

Not sure how or why politics and race got brought into this, but...

Jack Johnson---yay!

Barry Obama---Boo!

Barry Obama LOL

No need to ask what party you're voting for.

Nice to republican meet you. LOL

well when he lost willlard most of america was happy,thats the only hw champ I woulent want to be.a shame he went thru bs his entire career.
BUT he made it worse for himself because he was like "were da white women at'

Yeh no shit.

How popular would I be with Black men, if I were to be saying "yeh where da black women at, wanna poke me some black pussy".

Is he fighting a lightweight here?

I've seen him fight Ketchel, impressive Ko of a middleweight.

Poor old James Jeffries caught up in this racist "great white hope bullshit" was close to his size, but Jesus....wasn't he retired for 5 years living on a farm...cut a couple hundred pounds off of his fat out of shape, doesn't have it anymore body - when he was made to fight Johnson?

Not covered in this (award winning) bio, but in preparing to be interviewed by reporters Jack would, before they arrived, routinely wrap layers of gauze around his reportedly huge cock, to make it look even bigger, then he

Is he fighting a lightweight here?

I've seen him fight Ketchel, impressive Ko of a middleweight.

Poor old James Jeffries caught up in this racist "great white hope bullshit" was close to his size, but Jesus....wasn't he retired for 5 years living on a farm...cut a couple hundred pounds off of his fat out of shape, doesn't have it anymore body - when he was made to fight Johnson?

MADE to fight johnson? And I'm pretty sure the two men are posing for that picture.

Back