18yo Mexican female Boxer fighting for her life

May she fare on well.

Personally I think womens boxing should be banned.
Women are much more prone to concussions across all sports and boxing is not a safe sport anyway but far more dangerous for women.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/42344586

This women suffered KO loss 3 months ago. Plus the training camps for both fights, thats a lot of punches to the head in a short space of time. She shouldnt have been in there.

What a fckin terrible thing to happen to someone so young

incredibly sad. RIP

Devastating.

RIP, and condolences to her husband and family.

Wow that didn’t even look like serious damage.

sad

Without boxing, many people who take it up wouldn't have much else. In fact, I've just been looking up this kid who was my age and an amateur star. He was also Indian, which is how I knew him, I was supposed to be trained by his father but his father only taught his own kids. He must have done a great job, all the brothers had decent to great ammie careers. This youngest one was the star though and the one that everyone had their hopes up for. I was present at his last fight, we were both 13. I still remember him bouncing nervously down the aisle to the ring, the only words he ever spoke to me were a nervous, "he is so tall" and laughed. He fought hard, got knocked down twice by big right hands, the many Indians present would gasp a collective gasp and he got up each time shaking his head. He never fought again. (the obit says he had 300 fights and 5-7 losses) I saw him some 8 years later asking for beer money outside a store. I told him I remembered him and he said "i can still kick a little ass". Well, that was most likely the pattern of his life, drugs and alcohol and he died, the info i have says he died of apnea but I would suspect there are other factors.

Boxing is tough, life is tough too and things don't always turn out like you want. It's sad.

Last edited:
Shame. I've seen a fair amount of coverage on this. And the media is not a friend of boxing, so I suspect it has more to do with their disdain for the sport than any concern over a participant. In any event, I would again wish her friends and family well and that she RIP.

This is on Drudge today:

E-hzsQnXsAIDq6S

Female boxer dies after being knocked out in ring...

RIP, never wanna see this in any sport.

Front page on drudge at the minute, surprised all those asking to ban oblique kicks aren't screaming for an end to boxing.

Terrible... "Rest in peace" doesn't fit here, because at that age you're so full of energy and potential that you're way too young for resting.
At 18 you're ready to set the world on fire, not resting.

May she fare on well.

Personally I think womens boxing should be banned.
Women are much more prone to concussions across all sports and boxing is not a safe sport anyway but far more dangerous for women.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/42344586

I think the opposite should be done. Womens fighting should be taken more seriously... If she's been laid out a few months ago, she shouldn't even be in there fighting.
Or maybe they should apply the amateur roles more, like the referee stepping in after severel consecutive shots land and eventually stop the fight.
Watch the amateur fight between David Haye and Odlanier Solis.

She's dead now, RIP.

Though it was accidental and no one means for these things to happen, Marie Pierre Houle looks like a douche dancing around and not checking on her opponent while she was dying on the canvas.

This women suffered KO loss 3 months ago. Plus the training camps for both fights, thats a lot of punches to the head in a short space of time. She shouldnt have been in there.

Holy fuck 3 months?? I blame her coaches, her coaches should be in jail matter of fact for letting her fight that soon. She most definitely had a severe concussion going into this fight. So sad. 18 yrs old. My God. RIP

She's dead now, RIP.

Though it was accidental and no one means for these things to happen, Marie Pierre Houle looks like a douche dancing around and not checking on her opponent while she was dying on the canvas.

Are you serious? After the fact you want to say this?

When she left her, she was still standing. Winner celebrated.

Otherwise they never make it easy to check on your opponent after a KO. She gave them space.

Sulaiman is a misogynist not a doctor. I suspect the same is true of you.
There is nothing mysogynistic about my statement.
I'm calling you out since SJWs like throwing labels around and hiding.
So explain what is in any way mysogynistic about my statement.

Back