18yo Mexican female Boxer fighting for her life

GoldenMachida

Peeace! Machida "Golden" Dragon
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Jeanette Zacarias Zapata (2-4) is 9n critical condition.

Adonis Stevenson was present in the audience.. It was the first time he attended a boxing match after his brain injury.

That hit me in the feels, that's incredibly sad

Fuck that’s horrible. I hope that she pulls through.

Terrible news. In this French article they're saying her boyfriend gave updates, she is in grave danger, and they don't actually know if she will survive, like he wasn't clear on her condition at the moment, other than she is in terrible condition. :(

Prayers that she pull through!
https://www.lapresse.ca/sports/spor...la-victoire-de-clavel-ternie-par-un-drame.php

Edit: in the article what it says is they can't confirme death or her condition at this stage. I did find that pretty odd they would say that, so she is in dire condition. This is so sad.

Last edited:
That's awful, hope she can pull through. She's only 18

Wow 18 years old

You’ll pull through this champ

this is an odd, unfair sport. she didn’t show any signs of real dangerous damage until after the stoppage and the ref stopped the fight at the right time. for once, we can’t really blame anybody for this. maybe she had a preexisting condition that didn’t get picked up in the pre fight medicals. regardless, all the best wishes to her, i hope she pulls through.

Messed up, I hope she pulls through.
Kind of weird to see her opponent just chilling in her corner when she collapses... Mike Tyson (who was perceived as a savage by the public) often checked after opponents he knocked out.

this is an odd, unfair sport. she didn’t show any signs of real dangerous damage until after the stoppage and the ref stopped the fight at the right time. for once, we can’t really blame anybody for this. maybe she had a preexisting condition that didn’t get picked up in the pre fight medicals. regardless, all the best wishes to her, i hope she pulls through.

I mean she ate a lot of punches, was probably at her limit stamina wise and still kept going. Her body possibly gave up before her mind did.
The pre fight medicals can't pick that up.

What about the corner that didn't throw the towel much earlier?

Messed up, I hope she pulls through.
Kind of weird to see her opponent just chilling in her corner when she collapses... Mike Tyson (who was perceived as a savage by the public) often checked after opponents he knocked out.

I mean she ate a lot of punches, was probably at her limit stamina wise and still kept going. Her body possibly gave up before her mind did.
The pre fight medicals can't pick that up.

What about the corner that didn't throw the towel much earlier?
i mean, i didn’t see the actual fight, just the clip in this thread and it didn’t look too bad. her gait was fine, her hands were up and she looked lucid, throwing punches back. she was getting tagged but she didn’t seem to be in any imminent danger.

Looks like video is gone, but I watched it earlier. Tragic, but I would never have thrown in the towel based on what little I saw. What round was it? Typically, these come from an accumulation of punches, but she was still fighting in the clip.

Awful, awful news.

RIP

My god, tragic.

Rest in peace

Holy shit that's bad.

RIP and prayers to the family m, friends and opponent that also must have a real hard time dealing with that

Back