• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International 170 Years Of Earth Surface Temperature Data Show No Evidence Of Significant Warming

Whippy McGee

Surf 4 Life
@Steel
Reaction score
Study Link - University of Houston

This study investigates relationships between surface temperatures from 1850 to the present and reported long-range temperature predictions of global warming. A crucial component of this analysis is the calculation of an estimate of the warming curve of the surface of the earth. The calculation removes errors in temperature measurements and fluctuations due to short duration weather events from the recorded data. The results show the average rate of warming of the surface of the earth for the past 170 years is less than 0.07 degrees C per decade, possibly as low as 0.038 degrees C per decade. The rate of warming of the surface of the earth does not correlate with the rate of increase of CO2 in the atmosphere. The perceived threat of excessive future global temperatures may stem from misinterpretation of 40 years of increasing
intensities of the El Nino Southern Oscillation (ENSO) climate pattern in the eastern Pacific Ocean. ENSO activity culminated in 2016 with the highest surface temperature anomaly ever recorded. The rate of warming of the earth’s surface has declined 45 percent since 2006.

upload_2023-6-9_14-39-2.png

Key Points

From 1850 to the present, the noise-corrected, average warming of the surface of the earth is less than 0.07 degrees C per decade, possibly as low as 0.038 degrees C per decade.

The rate of warming of the surface of the earth does not correlate with the rate of increase of fossil fuel emissions of CO2 into the atmosphere.

Recent increases in surface temperatures reflect 40 years of increasing intensities of the El Nino Southern Oscillation climate pattern.
============================================================

This study will be attacked and vilified. We have too many people making billions off Global Warming and consolidating all sorts of power with the claim. To have a scientific study prove it all to be bullshit will not go well with the Left Cult. My guess is they will bury the study.

Staff: I could not find the Global Warming megathread, so feel free to merge this on in. Sorry... I looked and looked.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that this wasn't published in a peer reviewed journal, and that the guy who wrote this nonsense works for the fossil fuels industry.

Do you ever get tired of posting fossil fuel propaganda?

Would you say the references are flagrant lies or more like data is taken out of context?

Would you say the references are flagrant lies or more like data is taken out of context?
C'mon now, stop it.

Does @dirtypablo strike you as a "I'll look into this study and the evidence they use to make a decision for myself" or a "I don't care unless someone with the appropriate letter next to their name tells me to care about it"?

Honest response is that I haven't even looked at it. I'm guessing he's using a specifically selected method of statistical analysis/fitting to show a trend line that implies no warming, but isn't actually the appropriate method to use for the datasets.

I was just pointing out that time and time again, anytime you dolts post this nonsense it's A. Not peer reviewed science, and B. Written by someone paid by oil companies, despite the constant nonsense that the issue is made up by scientists being paid off by the 'green industry.'

C'mon now, stop it.

Does @dirtypablo strike you as a "I'll look into this study and the evidence they use to make a decision for myself" or a "I don't care unless someone with the appropriate letter next to their name tells me to care about it"?

Oh my god, someone recognizes what they do and and don't know, and that you should defer to subject matter experts if you're not sure about something.. what an idiot I am!

Oh my god, someone recognizes what they do and and don't know, and that you should defer to subject matter experts if you're not sure about something.. what an idiot I am!
I'm glad you can finally admit how dumb you are for being a grown man who refuses to think for himself and instead just listens to what your approved list of experts say. Because as we all know, there's no way giving someone power over your decisions just because they have the title of expert, could ever led to said person abusing that power.

Honest response is that I haven't even looked at it. I'm guessing he's using a specifically selected method of statistical analysis/fitting to show a trend line that implies no warming, but isn't actually the appropriate method to use for the datasets.

I was just pointing out that time and time again, anytime you dolts post this nonsense it's A. Not peer reviewed science, and B. Written by someone paid by oil companies, despite the constant nonsense that the issue is made up by scientists being paid off by the 'green industry.'
Translation:

"I didn't look at the study but automatically assume it's wrong. That's what smart people do. Not only that, I'm going to go further and assume the kind of analysis used in the study (again, without even glancing at the study) and insult the OP. Why? Because he had the audacity to talk about a study that was done by people I don't like"

You're clearly a genius, sir

<36>

fuck you for pushing this anti science bullshit. you sound like you were homeschooled.

news flash, here's irrefutable evidence that the world is getting hotter. how can you not feel it? you've been here long enough.

sick of this shit

ZUvhk4P.jpg

Hey man, I was just asking an honest question. No need to call me a dolt. I don’t believe I’ve ever done any of the things you’re talking about.
I just wanted to know why it’s bullshit. So I can be informed. I don’t know enough about it to look at the citations and know if they’re hogwash.

There’s an old saying, figures don’t lie but liars figure. There’s a ton of peer reviewed studies that show the opposite is true from what this non peer reviewed study claims.

I’ll leave you with this thought. The Russian, Chinese, and US militaries are all preparing for a post climate change world. Right now a new shipping lane north of Russia is opening from melting ice caps in the summer for the first time in human history, there is currently efforts from all three to develop shops to take advantage of this new shipping lane.

One other thing, if you have seen that new Jon Stewart show there is an episode ehere he interviews the CEO of BP. The guy basically admits in camera that climate change is man made but says they are a money making business that have been given no incentive to stop

Hey man, I was just asking an honest question. No need to call me a dolt. I don’t believe I’ve ever done any of the things you’re talking about.
I just wanted to know why it’s bullshit. So I can be informed. I don’t know enough about it to look at the citations and know if they’re hogwash.

Wasn't calling you a dolt, was referring to the guys who post this stuff and are constantly saying that the issue is being made up by scientists being paid off.

Edit: just realized the way I wrote my post, I did call you a dolt. My apologies.

Eating meat, driving a car etc. = sin
'Scientists' = priest class
Greta Thunberg = prophetess
'Climate Change' = dogma
'Climate Change Deniers' = heretics, witches etc.

Abase yourself! Repent! Obey!

Last edited:
There’s an old saying, figures don’t lie but liars figure. There’s a ton of peer reviewed studies that show the opposite is true from what this non peer reviewed study claims.

I’ll leave you with this thought. The Russian, Chinese, and US militaries are all preparing for a post climate change world. Right now a new shipping lane north of Russia is opening from melting ice caps in the summer for the first time in human history, there is currently efforts from all three to develop shops to take advantage of this new shipping lane.

One other thing, if you have seen that new Jon Stewart show there is an episode ehere he interviews the CEO of BP. The guy basically admits in camera that climate change is man made but says they are a money making business that have been given no incentive to stop
Just wondering which figures in which studies did you look over that convinced you? I'm not even making a joke. I'm genuinely curious.

I'm sure you didn't just go "well the CEO of BP said this and the Russian/Chinese/US military did this so I'm sold. There could be no other possible reason for their actions. I don't need to see the evidence"

Is climate change real? Yeah. Is the world gonna end in 20yrs because of it? Dunno, we were told the same decades ago and here we are. Can we help? Yes. Do we help? Yes, most of us recycle and do our bit. Does it matter?

When billionaires and millionaires are private jetting to meetings no.

Macrons private jet produced more carbon emissions in one month than your average French citizen produces in a LIFETIME including the annual holiday abroad.

It's a fucking scam. The plebs will have no lives and be taxed for breathing while the wealthy will spend months every year in the Caribbean while tweeting at us that "we need to do better"

It's the new Catholic priesthood.

Just wondering which figures in which studies did you look over that convinced you? I'm not even making a joke. I'm genuinely curious.

I'm sure you didn't just go "well the CEO of BP said this and the Russian/Chinese/US military did this so I'm sold. There could be no other possible reason for their actions. I don't need to see the evidence"
I don’t think you are curious if we are being honest. Yes I have read studies and articles about climate change being man made and no I did not bookmark them to win future arguments on Sherdog. Maybe if im bored enough later I’ll go look for some. But you know if you are super curious like you claim I’m pretty sure you have google too. They’re not too hard to find since like 97% of them have drawn that conclusion.

The reason I bring up the militaries behavior was is I’m pretty confident no one on here is going to accuse China of being climate friendly. Their behavior is acknowledging the way the world is changing due to the climate. The reason for their behavior is to gain a strategic advantage. The opportunity is stemming from climate change.

Back