17 year old highschool student being called "future of MMA"... making pro debut at 17

There are so many young prodigies across so many sports but it's rare to actually seem them all become superstars as adults.

There is a lot of burn out. We'll see what happens.

There are so many young prodigies across so many sports but it's rare to actually seem them all become superstars as adults.

There is a lot of burn out. We'll see what happens.

Truth.

But almost half of the OPs posts have been thread-starts. So I don't think he's doing any more than just assuming thread responses count as some form of points.

44/110 are Thread Starts.

I love to put him in against Aldo right now. Or CM Punk.

Whatever happened to the Mohawk brothers?

Nothing against the kid, but "Future of MMA" has become a very overused term.

I'm still waiting for UberTS

This is blasphemy against our prodigy god UberTS. Unacceptable

It's way too early to tell if these guys are going to be great MMA fighters or not. Let's hold off on the hype guys.

Laramie, like Laramie Cigarettes from the Simpsons!

He should come out with that on his shorts.

He's not explosive enough.

This

I know hes still young, but he doesn't look to "have it"

Even the "hard" punches he threw were soft jabs, just with the added motion of hooks and crosses

At 17 i'd want a prospect to be aggressive, explosive, throwing with bad intentions, and then in a maturing process get tamed and technical, learn to pace, and so on.

It should never be the other way around, where they start off mellow and has to learn aggression and letting go, that's the wrong order

Not to be a hater but "three time grapplers quest winner" means nothing. He could have won a 2-man bracket in the novice/white belt division three times considering that teen divisions are frequently shallow.

Also, how many high schools in Ontario have wrestling programs? Considering California has a population greater than Canada as a whole, should we hype up every California State runner-up who has an interest in MMA as a future star?

looking at his background, he had all the tools.

need to watch his fight, could be good.

Kickboxing world champion my ass. Nice fight with headgear and shinpads in a local high school, though.

Back