Elections 16/16 members of the house in Florida vote against aid

I will as soon as you can show me the exact bill for childhood cancer that has nothing to do with childhood cancer.
I didn't say there was. The point I was making was that they'll name a bill they everyone will get behind such as "End childhood cancer" and then the bill has little to nothing to do with the title.

You didn't catch that the first time around? With the tears in your eyes, you thought I was citing a specific bill?

<Dany07>

So since you didn't understand I was talking about a general political manipulation strategy, it's safe to assume your reply post was just some emotional rambling in a "see!!! I can make stuff up too!!!" way as you miss the entire point

<{Heymansnicker}>

I didn't say there was. The point I was making was that they'll name a bill they everyone will get behind such as "End childhood cancer" and then the bill has little to nothing to do with the title.

You didn't catch that the first time around? With the tears in your eyes, you thought I was citing a specific bill?

<Dany07>

So since you didn't understand I was talking about a general political manipulation strategy, it's safe to assume your reply post was just some emotional rambling in a "see!!! I can make stuff up too!!!" as you miss the entire point

<{Heymansnicker}>
And you didn't understand, with tears in your eyes that I was using your rhetorical fallacy to point out how dumb it is?

And you didn't understand, with tears in your eyes that I was using your rhetorical fallacy to point out how dumb it is?
How did you do that by making up some irrelevant, fantasy steps politicians do?

I point out that politicians use bill titles to manipulate people to support what's in a bill and you reply with "well, politicians vote against help for their citizens and lie about why!!"

How was that supposed to "point out how dumb" my point was? Or are you just saying that now because your rambling "point" fell apart immediately?

<36>

Any more details? I've put some effort into trying to unpack these details in this thread and yes, I see a fair bit of pork in there along with no funding for the current disaster... But I also see 18 billion for future disasters that they are voting against in a state where disasters aren't that uncommon. Yes there is pork, but if there is another big hurricane next season, this bill - pork and all - not passing is going to hurt their constituents badly. It's fine to stand on principle, but if this fucks their constituents, I'd expect a very robust case for standing on principle. I'd also expect every one of these figures to be trying to advance legislation that leads to more streamlined bills so they don't have to choose between principle and relief for their state in the future. If they're not doing that, their principles seem pretty empty.

What more, it makes it look a hell of a lot like they're just playing along in the scheme I outlined in post 16. As long as they can say "Well, you would have the relief we voted against if not for those dastardly Democrats!" it really looks like they're just playing into this vicious political cycle for their political benefit.

Again, full disclosure - I'm relatively ignorant on this. That's why I'd prefer for people to come in and make a case (kudos to @Gomi1977 for that) rather than just come in and play out the "My team is awesome! The other team is evil!" so the bullshit can continue. The OP is pointing out something that is rightly a sketchy looking move by these politicians. A comprehensive case defending it would be great right now, rather than just warmed up "pork barrel!" talking points. All I'm asking is that if your team is doing something worthwhile when it looks like they're doing something bad, be able to give some specifics in their defense.

From the outside looking in and not knowing any details, it almost feels like it has to be true.

I mean, why would anyone vote against support for their own state? It feels like they MUST have good reasons.

I point out that politicians use bill titles to manipulate people to support what's in a bill and you reply with "well, politicians vote against help for their citizens and lie about why!!"

How was that supposed to "point out how dumb" my point was? Or are you just saying that now because your rambling "point" fell apart immediately?

<36>
It's hard to read your unhinged posts. The memes are a real sign of intelligence.

It's hard to read your unhinged posts. The memes are a real sign of intelligence.

Aww, I know reading comprehension is hard for you, but I'll ask again:

How exactly did your "steps" post show that my post about general political manipulation was a dumb point?

I'm not even going to ask what that tweet has to do with my point because asking you too many questions at once will make your brain implode (and I already know it has nothing to with my argument).

<{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}>

<36>
The FEMA DFR appropriation was added to the stopgap bill, to prevent government shutdown. Catchy bill title, innit?

Why should my tax payer dollars go to people that choose to live in a place that continuously gets wrecked by the weather.
Some people decided not to live on a place that constantly suffers mother natures wrath, why should they have to pay for others decisions.

Why should my tax payer dollars go to people that choose to live in a place that continuously gets wrecked by the weather.
Some people decided not to live on a place that constantly suffers mother natures wrath, why should they have to pay for others decisions.
They should just pull themselves up by their boot straps and canoe their asses to a drier state

It’s a great way to pay back donors with FEMA contracts. Get with the times, mang.

That's a strong take. I agree with you. We should punish them because they also don't vote Democrat like me and you

Back