159 co main event?

WillieBoy88

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What fight should ufc line up here, I'd hope it's Gustaffsson so if anything happens he could be injury replacement like Hendricks would be at ufc 158

Mir and Malki Kawa are saying they want Mir VS Cormier to be the 159 co main and to not have the fight on Fox.

Maybe Costa vs. somebody because he is from the area.

If Mir-Cormier is not the week before on FOX, then it'll be UFC 159 co-main, as thats what Mir's team wants. Cormier's side wants it to be April 20th in San Jose one week before.

No offense to Costa, but I would be pissed if he was the co-main.

So would I. They usually deliver in the area. But with recent Jones cards, it makes me think it will be thin on names. The last show I was at (the Fox one at Izod) was only about 65% full I would say, so I hope they feel they have to add more to it.

Mir-Cormier.

Mir wants PPV bonus money as the co-main riding on the coattails of Jones/Chael. Cormier should definitely negotiate for PPV bonus money now that he's the SF HWGP champ and looking for titleshots at LHW or HW depending on the scenario.

Fighting a week earlier at home on FOX would be great but, financially for both him & Frank, it makes too much sense to fight at UFC 159 and call out Jones after smashing Frank.

Edit: And just as I type that, it looks like Mir & Malki didn't get their way with the UFC. Hope Frank & Daniel get a FOX kickback.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/ufc-on-fox-7-officially-adds-henderson-melendez-title-fight-cormier-mir

So would I. They usually deliver in the area. But with recent Jones cards, it makes me think it will be thin on names. The last show I was at (the Fox one at Izod) was only about 65% full I would say, so I hope they feel they have to add more to it.

Yeah I was there too and I'm planning on going to this card as well. But I hope the card isn't watered down because of the hype behind Jones/Sonnen. Wouldn't be surprised at all if it was though. Hopefully they announce some more fights before tickets go on sale next week.

well.. mir vs cormier is officially on fox as of a few minutes ago. So that's off the list.

it will probably all really average fights just like the rest of Jones main event cards. he gets the worst cards.

What fight should ufc line up here, I'd hope it's Gustaffsson so if anything happens he could be injury replacement like Hendricks would be at ufc 158

Mir vs Cormier would be a great co main event

If Cowboy beats Pettis i wouldnt be surprised if he tries to get back in there with maybe Jim Miller.

Assuming Gray is ready by then, Maybe Miller vs Maynard?

What about KZ vs winner of Lamas vs Koch?

for those anti-Costa co-maining- what if it were Costa vs. Jacare. that would be a legitimate co-feature in my view.

Hell, what if it were WEIDMAN vs. JACARE.

This having a couple of big same weight class fights on the cards is definitely helping secure good fights in case of injury -

for those anti-Costa co-maining- what if it were Costa vs. Jacare. that would be a legitimate co-feature in my view.

Hell, what if it were WEIDMAN vs. JACARE.

Costa/Jacare would be a great fight, but not a co-main event on a PPV in my opinion. Weidman would be, but isn't he out until June?

I'm going to this one, so I hope it's more stacked the average Jones card. Maybe he scared the UFC into making sure they stack it. :)

Yeah I'd like to see them have any combo of Miller/Maynard/Alvarez. If Belfort wins might be a perfect chance to throw him at Weidman. Either way I think with Jones/Sonnen bringing a lot of fans, showcasing Weidman would be a good idea. I assume Rockhold and Le be fighting on the San Jose card. If not one of them could fit well or even Jacare. If he's hurt, they should go with the Lightweights.

Back