• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

155 would be so much better without Khabib.

Translation of OP = my favourite fighters will never touch the belt as long as Khabib continues to fight at 155..

<[analyzed}>

He didnt say its not legitimate. His fights are almost bad as jon fitch
Idk, i think if someone is as good as Khabib is it just doesn't make sense to say his fights are bad in any way.
His last three fights were pretty exciting imo.
  • Against Poirier: dominates him, finishes him by RNC.
  • Against Conor: dominates him, finishes him with a neck krank.
  • Against Iaquinta: dominates him on the feet and lands like 150 strikes.
Sounds fine to me.
<Fedor23>

Word.

IMO, there is no one more fascinating to watch ... because what you're seeing is "pure invincibility" like no one in the division has ever done before.
Do you have something erect while typing this.?

I’m not typically big on wrestlers. I struggled watching fights where guys would lay and pray back in the day. That being said, watching khabib is just so interesting. I’ve never seen anything like it, and it’s a treat every time he fights.
You can't expect any fighter to please every fan but to compare Khabib to the likes of Fitch is insane, dude has the best ground and pound in the sport and beats the fuck out of his opponents.
Highlights-vs-Barboza.gif

giphy.gif

He stood over McGregor's guard and blasted him with punches for 30 seconds, who does that in this sport? Of course not all his fights are super exciting but few fighters can manage to pull that off and stay undefeated.

Word.

IMO, there is no one more fascinating to watch ... because what you're seeing is "pure invincibility" like no one in the division has ever done before.

Exactly, it's different every time and the way he executes his absolute domination is fascinating.
it’s the aura. It’s the personality. It’s the quiet composed state of mind before the fight only to show us glimpses of rage in the fight. It’s little intricacies like when he had Dustin up against a cage and Dustin is try to hear his corner. Dustin pokes his head out the side to try and read their lips. Khabib punches him in the gut then covered his eyes. He doesn’t give them an inch. Not anywhere. Not ever. He gets guys down and the looks on their faces are pure panick. You can tell instantly what the skill difference is. It’s just so amazing to watch

He's finished two of the greatest LW's of all time in his last two fights. Hardly boring.
I'm a Khabib fan but...nah. Dustin and Conor are nowhere near the GOAT at LW. Conor has a better claim to beating an all time great at LW since he starched Eddie who was top 10 for years and for a long time top 3.

I find Khabib's style very entertaining but I agree in general that divisions are more fun when there isn't a dominant champion.

I'm a Khabib fan but...nah. Dustin and Conor are nowhere near the GOAT at LW. Conor has a better claim to beating an all time great at LW since he starched Eddie who was top 10 for years and for a long time top 3.

Dustin is top 10 imo.

Conor would be H2H top 10, but not on resume.

Kabeebi actually uses his grappling to finish the fight. He also stands and trades. He mixes it up very well. I prefer stand up to grappling, especially wall n stall or lay n pray, but The Beeb is much less boring than many other top guys past or present with similar styles.

That said, most divisions get pretty stagnant when they have a dominant and seemingly unbeatable champion. So much so that those divisions are historically shit on by fans.

I hear people say this, he has finished several high profile fights. Conor, Poirier, and MJ all come right to mind. All fights were on a big stage too. He was throwing vicious ground and pound at points during those as well.

If his wresting bothers you, you clearly only like some parts of the sport. I get when lay n pray was more common like 10 years ago but a guy that gets takedowns and is actually beating up his opponent/going for submissions is not something to complain about. What’s impressive is that he seems to be able to use the same game plan on everyone but they can’t stop it.

You don't have to be a fan of wrestling/grappling but if you think Khabib is boring, I don't know what to say to you.

I disagree. I don’t care much for the lay and pray fighters (Fitch, Askren, etc), but that’s not what Khabib is. If you can’t appreciate him you’re watching the wrong sport. The guy is a monster.

You can't expect any fighter to please every fan but to compare Khabib to the likes of Fitch is insane, dude has the best ground and pound in the sport and beats the fuck out of his opponents.
Highlights-vs-Barboza.gif

giphy.gif

He stood over McGregor's guard and blasted him with punches for 30 seconds, who does that in this sport? Of course not all his fights are super exciting but few fighters can manage to pull that off and stay undefeated.

Yeah. Khabib certainly wrestles for control and to drain his opponents. But he’s also incredibly effective at straight up hurting people.

Khabib's fights are usually one-sided beatings. There's nothing boring about watching him work people.

The only boring fight that he's had in the UFC was the one against Tibau, which was them battling for position against the cage.

Yeah. Khabib certainly wrestles for control and to drain his opponents. But he’s also incredibly effective at straight up hurting people.

Yup, and the fact that he calmly speaks to them while doing it makes it even more entertaining. “Let’s talk now” lmfao.

Back