14 years ago today in his only PRIDE fight......

The PRIDE USA cards looked fantastic. I wish we could have had more of those.

Both Diaz brothas step back and sit down when they get rocked. Good way to clear the head and invite opponent into their guard.

What a bad ass fight & a bad ass card. Wish I was there. Only watched it live on TV but it was fun AF.

I remember coming home piss drunk the night of the fight at 3 am and watching a replay on Dailymotion yelling at the top of my lungs rooting for Diaz.

Nick was literally five times his size...

Best sub and one of the best fights in mma history.

back in the day nick delivered

one of the only fighters who had the intelligence to stop fighting and avoid becoming a punching bag with CTE in his late 30s

I went to PRIDE 33, and that fight was one of the coolest experiences of my life. It was wild from the beginning, but maybe halfway through round 1, everybody in the arena was up on their feet. The energy was insane. Everybody was either cheering or laughing. Even non-fans knew they were seeing something special.

I feel like this is the fight that really made Nick, but he was still somewhat of a cult favorite beforehand. Just 3 months earlier, there were some unusually loud "Diaz!" chants at his last fight in the UFC (a good win over Tibao). And, because this was in Vegas, there was definitely a presence there in support of Nick.

Not to mention that dude fighting Hansen clearly lands the first ever calf kick in MMA as demonstrated at 1:21 in that highlight.

Not cheating now, my have times changed lol. Diaz was on to something back then folks, just like Tommy Chong preached it all along lol.

Pretty sure his readings were so high that he'd still fail even now.

One of the greatest fights of all time.

If anyone has not seen Gomi vs Diaz, it is must-watch.
It certainly is. I was a huge fan of Gomi at the time but was still somewhat of a Diaz fan, that fight rocked. Diaz got hit with some bombs and kept coming forward as he does and then get's a beautiful finish. Fireworks throughout, one of the greats that was.

Colby vs Usman> Gomi vs Diaz take off the nostalgia glasses you old heads. Jake paul champ 2022

"That little fuck hit me with a fuckin' hadouken punch or something..."

They looked like there is at least two weight classes difference between them.
Only in Japan, heh?
No way US Athletic commisions would allow something like that in a sanctioned fight :cool:

Back