14 years ago today in his only PRIDE fight......

I was in an MMA pool at the time and the guy running it honored the win even though it was overturned. lol.

Gomi-knockdown-Diaz.gif

Never seen anyone manage to make getting knocked down almost look cool before

Fantastic fight. I'd expected Gomi to win despite the size disadvantage, and he looked great until he gassed. Diaz fights were often amongst the best and most exciting during the 2000s...

I was there....sat in the mid section of the arena. I was also there for Pride 33 as well. Absolutely enormous cards. Still have the photos i took of Pat Militech and Robbie Lawler from 33.

I went to PRIDE 33, and that fight was one of the coolest experiences of my life. It was wild from the beginning, but maybe halfway through round 1, everybody in the arena was up on their feet. The energy was insane. Everybody was either cheering or laughing. Even non-fans knew they were seeing something special.

I feel like this is the fight that really made Nick, but he was still somewhat of a cult favorite beforehand. Just 3 months earlier, there were some unusually loud "Diaz!" chants at his last fight in the UFC (a good win over Tibao). And, because this was in Vegas, there was definitely a presence there in support of Nick.

I remember where I was and who I watched it with , great fight , great event , Sherdog for the most part was convinced Nick was going to get laid out in this fight

That was when we learned that Marijuana gives you super human powers which make you impervious to pain.

One of the 2 PRIDE cards I bought before UFC bought them. Best value for money on any PPV I've bought. Banger of a card.

Back