• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

135lbs wrestler vs 320lbs powerlifter wrestling match

See that not what I mean. Doesn't mean I do not respect their skill and in cage abilities. I watch every weight class and find enjoyment in a plethora of scraps regardless of size.

P4P is a jerk off category just like SCROAT!
I mean I guess. But we're here for conversation, and topics like P4P and GOAT are just fun. You're a douche for taking them too seriously, but the conversation itself is harmless fun.

Wtf are you people even arguing about in this thread? Of course there is a roof as to how much technique and skill can overcome a size disadvantage. Ofc MM would get whooped by any decent fighter LW and up.

But lets not act like this vid is some kind of proof that mighty mouse would not be able to merk a regular 320 pound dude. Most 320 pound dudes youre gonna run into are morbidly obese, not huge powerlifters.

The average Sherbro is 6'5" 280lbs ripped according to reports by fellow Sherbros. MM stands no chance. Out of 500 male fighters in the UFC MM probably beats less than 50. He's not only not one of the best fighters in the UFC, he's one of the worst. People shit on Brock Lesnar for getting a HW title shot, but Brock Lesnar is a far better fighter than MM or any of the flyweights.
there's an awful lot going on in this post.

There's only one way to find out who'd win. Book a top 10 FLW versus a 300lbs+ powerlifter, strongman, or Olympic lifter. PRIDE would've done this yesterday.

Sherdog has a lot of dudes turned queer from playing with H-Man dolls as kids.

That's the only explanation for the big muscle man knob-slobbering that goes on around here.

Okay, let’s see who has the bigger total at a meet now.

PS: pulling sumo is bullshit.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
2estvb

Did I seriously see someone bring animals into the equation as an example of "bigger=better"?

For HUMANS, size has its advantages and disadvantages. Your are more powerful but are generally slower and less conditioned.

This does not apply to most animals who have vastly different genetic makeups. Monkeys can be the same size, be 10x as strong and (the key here) have the just as good, or better, speed/cardio. In that case, there is no disadvantage to any size they may have. That is never the case for humans.

Unless it's Male vs Female. 135lb male athlete will have much more strength then a 135lb female athlete and will generally have better cardio and speed.

It's not like 320 lbs of muscle is remotely close to average. That's two different ends of the spectrum. DC is still much smaller and would toss this dude around. That doesn't make Mighty Mouse any less impressive, that's not what P4P really means.
Well said

This video was pretty cool to watch...

Size is definitely a factor when competing. It has always been that way since the beginning of time -> which is why we’ve had weight classes in all types of physical competitions.

That being said, I’ve personally seen big guys get wrecked by smaller guys in real life fights...

Either they tire out, are too slow or get shot lol

Further proof how pointless it is to talk about the skills and techniques of manlets.

You can have all the skill in the world but if you're a 135lbs manlet it's not going to do shit to real men.

This really puts UFC flyweights like Mighty Mouse's fighting skills in perspective. The average Sherbro would beat him easily I think.
It would be a more fair comparison if the 135 lb wrestler was a 200lb wrestler of like skill. The 320lb dude would probably get wrecked. If you use same percentage of weight difference in my scenario then a 135-140lb DJ (walking weight) would go up against a roughly 220lb Sherbro. The average Sherbro isn’t even that big. And is the average Sherbro a serious athlete like the 320 power lifter? Nope. Probably chubby, no cardio, and zero skill. DJ beats the average Sherbro in my opinion.

there is always a point where raw power overcomes skill, technique, etc.

it can be pretty high though especially in fighting

You didn't answer my question. Stop dodging my questions with these excuses. So you train BJJ? Please tell me how you would use your BJJ to stop and tap these attacking bulls:

Z6MmJj.gif

These bulls have no venom, they have no techniques, they don't bite, they're just really big and really strong. If BJJ techniques wins over size and strength, then you should be able to take out charging bulls with BJJ no problem, right?
Haha that's actually one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read. I'd assume you were trolling but this is sherdog so who knows lol

I thought the small guy was doing pretty well honestly, big guy looked gassed and they had to take a break in the middle for the big guy's benefit.

Indeed and the 320 pounds guy is an exceptional specimen. The average 250 pounds Joe is not that strong/heavy. It will be an easy win for the small wrestler

Indeed and the 320 pounds guy is an exceptional specimen. The average 250 pounds Joe is not that strong/heavy. It will be an easy win for the small wrestler
Average Joe = 250lbs. I see what you did there. Well played.

Bodybuilder tired already before the video sped up lmao...wrestler did well ..goes to show you how far technique can get you..if the little guy was the same size as the big guy he would of destroyed him..

Also bodybuilder has some training not just a lifter he was to positionally aware to be just a powerlifter..but good video anyways
Right at the beginning when he dug for a underhook I could tell this was not his very first time on a mat.

Back