13 Assassins

catchwrestle1

︻デ═一 - - - - - - - - - - - >
Banned
Reaction score
In case anybody missed this, awesome Samurai movie by Ichi the Killer director Takase.

I slept on it and just watched it yesterday, it was phenomenal. Anybody else see it?

Yeah, pretty good, even if it does feel like a Seven Samurai remake.

Those CGI bulls were a bit much but otherwise a pretty good movie.

CGI bulls? Really. I thought the flames might be fake... looked pretty damn real to me! Yeah a little bit of that stuff was excessive, but hey that's why it was great.

I absolutely despised the villain more than any villain I can remember despising in the past few years. That was phenomenal. Fell apart a bit towards the end.

I absolutely despised the villain more than any villain I can remember despising in the past few years. That was phenomenal. Fell apart a bit towards the end.

Felt the same way. Awesome movie with an epic fight scene at the end...would recommend for any samurai buff.

I can see that, but I was a little disappointed with the villain. They didn't show enough of him to me. I mean, yes, he was a twisted fuck, but I just didn't feel very strongly either way.

enjoyed it quite a bit, though i was hoping for more twisted Miike stuff like the girl with no limbs. i know some people hated the mountain spirit guy at the end, but i loved it.

enjoyed it quite a bit, though i was hoping for more twisted Miike stuff like the girl with no limbs. i know some people hated the mountain spirit guy at the end, but i loved it.

It took me a sec to figure out that's what he was.

Didn't hate him, it just makes you do a double take.

I have it dowloaded but waiting until after exams to watch it.

It was a bit of a letdown for me. Big fan of Takashi Miike though.

The only problem I had with the film was that there were too many characters to care about, so I ended up not really caring about what happened to any of them.

Great fight scenes, action, scenery but could have used a bit more character development.

overall good movie.
didnt like the ending and the CGI blood,what happened to good old fake blood?

The only problem I had with the film was that there were too many characters to care about, so I ended up not really caring about what happened to any of them.

Great fight scenes, action, scenery but could have used a bit more character development.

The leader and his nephew were identifiable... but yes, the rest were interchangeable for the most part.

So are we all in agreement that the mountain man was a spirit?

So are we all in agreement that the mountain man was a spirit?

of course. people who don't like the fact that he "came back to life" didn't understand it. i think there's a specific Japanese term for mountain spirits but i don't remember it.

Liked it a lot. Can't go wrong with Miike.

Loved 13 Assassins, any recommendations for other Miike films to watch?

Yeah, pretty good, even if it does feel like a Seven Samurai remake.

Those CGI bulls were a bit much but otherwise a pretty good movie.

It wouldn't be a Miike film without a bit of out of place CGI. The Buff guy is Ichi The Killer, giant robo penis in Dead or Alive: Final and my personal favourite from the first of the Dead or Alive trilogy (ending spoilers):

Last edited:
Back