13-0 record Khamzat Chimaev or 2-1 record Brock Lesnar - Who deserved the title shot more?

Who deserved the title shot more?

• Total voters
Why just 3x defenses? Why not 10? Why not 20? This is all your fantasy, so go crazy lol

The man hasn't earned his right, he needs to fight a contender like everyone else. Yeah, don't be scared for him. I know you are his fun but I'm sure he will win, dude. Have some faith in his skills. He doesn't need to be protected on his way to the belt. He can earn it like everyone else

<209Bitch>

It's hypothetical question/scenario, but it's worth asking. I'm just saying if he does what he does and beats Usman/Strickland and than defends the title how many times. Than is it well earned/deserved to you?

Just like how Brock was undeserving until he won the belt and subsequently defended it twice. So it made his 2-1 record look legit.

It's not that big deal if he wins both Usman and Strickland. Than what are you going to say than? That he didn't earn that win?
He could go the Brock route and win a title shot he didn't properly earn.

We can deal with that if/when he gets there.

He had the WW title in the palm of his hand and he fucked that up and did so very much on his own.

Now he is for the second consecutive time fighting a WW at MW. This time it is not his fault.

Brock because he fought at HW against other HWs. Plus HW was even more shallow back then.

We're talking about Brock if he deserved the TS, regardless what he did after. Yes he proved that it was a legit TS after all. But the man was completely unproven and to me didn't deserve a TS for beating Heath Herring with a 2-1 record. That's just my take on it.

He could go the Brock route and win a title shot he didn't properly earn.

We can deal with that if/when he gets there.

He had the WW title in the palm of his hand and he fucked that up and did so very much on his own.

Now he is for the second consecutive time fighting a WW at MW. This time it is not his fault.

Yeah precisely, only time will tell now. Like I said in a previous post, if Chimaev for real he'll become champion and he will defend the belt a handful of times at least.

We're talking about Brock if he deserved the TS, regardless what he did after. Yes he proved that it was a legit TS after all. But the man was completely unproven and to me didn't deserve a TS for beating Heath Herring with a 2-1 record. That's just my take on it.
I don't think either deserved it but Khazmat isn't a MW and doesn't have the fame Brock had.

Yeah precisely, only time will tell now. Like I said in a previous post, if Chimaev for real he'll become champion and he will defend the belt a handful of times at least.
We will see.

Kind of a Schroedingers Cat situation for the time being.

Only time will tell whether we have:

a game changing champion

Or a dead cat in a box.

I don't think either deserved it but Khazmat isn't a MW and doesn't have the fame Brock had.

How do you know Khamzat is not a MW? He's fought in that division a few times already and won his fights. So I think you're underestimating him.

We will see.

Kind of a Schroedingers Cat situation for the time being.

Only time will tell whether we have:

a game changing champion

Or a dead cat in a box.

True he could be a huge bust, I hope not. Well, let's get ready to rumble!

How do you know Khamzat is not a MW? He's fought in that division a few times already and won his fights. So I think you're underestimating him.
I'm saying he hasn't proven himself and his title eliminator is against a WW and his last fight was also against a WW.

It's hypothetical question/scenario, but it's worth asking. I'm just saying if he does what he does and beats Usman/Strickland and than defends the title how many times. Than is it well earned/deserved to you?

Just like how Brock was undeserving until he won the belt and subsequently defended it twice. So it made his 2-1 record look legit.
It won't be well earned/deserved. My issue is that if he gets the chance, somebody that deserves it won't. In this case, DDP. It doesn't matter what happens after. If he beats Strickland, it will still be undeserved, but he will be champ so it won't matter how he got to the belt by that point.

It won't be well earned/deserved. My issue is that if he gets the chance, somebody that deserves it won't. In this case, DDP. It doesn't matter what happens after. If he beats Strickland, it will still be undeserved, but he will be champ so it won't matter how he got to the belt by that point.

Exactly, if he's the champ than so be it. Chimaev will have to fight all comers to prove that he is a well deserving champion. Anyways, nice chatting. Enjoy the fights. Let's get ready to rumble!

True he could be a huge bust, I hope not. Well, let's get ready to rumble!

You wouldn't be excited about a dead cat in a box?

<{chips}>
Well... this year's Sherdog holiday grab bag might be ... a bit awkward.

You wouldn't be excited about a dead cat in a box?

<{chips}>
Well... this year's Sherdog holiday grab bag might be ... a bit awkward.

I don't understand that idiom or term whatever you call it. lol I got to look it up now. : - )

Chimaev beat GM3 before.

PS: He isnt deserving, but he happens to have a MW win in the UFC.
Unranked and over 3 years ago.

Brock at least beat a ranked opponent in his own weightclass the same calendar year he got a title shot.

They both deserve it, brock is a badass that had one MMA fight and went straight into UFC fighting top killers. Khamzat is freak that is destroying anyone he fights and if beats usman then i see nothing wrong with him getting a title shot.

Back