1250 calories way to little?

Strength training builds muscle.

Muscle burns calories (even while resting).

Exactly. Strength training builds muscle, raises metabolism, and that muscle you build burns calories for the next.. idk 36 hours? Even at rest.

Cardio is great for gaining stamina and PLENTY of other reasons, but if you want to burn the most calories, strength train.

A lot of bad advice in this thread. 1250 is not too low for short term dieting. Your protein is way too low though. Cut carbs and fat.

Google psmf or go to bodybuilding.com and search it there. Or check out rapid fat loss handbook by lyle mcdonald.

A lot of bad advice in this thread. 1250 is not too low for short term dieting. Your protein is way too low though. Cut carbs and fat.

Google psmf or go to bodybuilding.com and search it there. Or check out rapid fat loss handbook by lyle mcdonald.

Are you really telling him to cut his fat and carbs with a diet that has that little calories? Are you aware that either fat, or carbs, is going to be his source of energy? If you want to lose weight man, do it the healthy way, don't kill your body.

For someone that's 6'2", 195 lbs, and active, 1250 is way too low. I'm 6'3" 192 and trying to shed a few extra lbs and despite having a sedentary lifestyle(I'll play basketball or go on the elliptical a couple times a week), I consume more than that.

110g of protein doesn't seem that little for someone just trying to lose a few pounds. Is it really that important to have a huge amount of protein? Or are a lot of people just getting carried away?

Isn't the general rule of thumb to get about as many grams of protein as your body weight? So in my case, I weigh 200 pounds so I try to get approximately 200 grams a day, which I find to be somewhat difficult to do if you are trying for a deficit. You pretty much gotta eat lean meat/poultry at every meal.

"2 grilled chickens" ??? I'm guessing you mean 2 chicken breasts and you've just worded it poorly, not whole chickens otherwise your calories would be quite large (well in comparison to 1250).

Like most people have said, 1250 calories is way too little. The best thing to do is to stop counting calories and listen to your body. Eat breakfast right away when you wake up. If you're not very hungry, eat something small. Then the rest of the day eat whenever you feel hungry and stop eating once you're no longer hungry, not when you're stuffed full. Right now, my main advice is to simply start eating more of anything. I don't remember exactly what you put down for what you ate, but it sounded like you needed more vegetables and grains.

I'd like to bring up the Minnesota Starvation Study that was done in the 1940s. A group of healthy men volunteered to starve themselves by limiting their diets to 1,600 calories a day, which is quite a bit more than what you're getting now. I'll quote some of the physical symptons.

As the men lost weight, their physical endurance dropped by half, their strength about 10%, and their reflexes became sluggish

How many grams of carbs should I eat in a day if I'm eating 2000 calories? Most of my carbs are kidney beans,chick pea, and lentils which have like 3 grams of sugar per can. How bad are carbs that don't have much sugar when it comes to weight loss?

How many grams of carbs should I eat in a day if I'm eating 2000 calories? Most of my carbs are kidney beans,chick pea, and lentils which have like 3 grams of sugar per can. How bad are carbs that don't have much sugar when it comes to weight loss?

So far Ive lost 50 lbs with a macro split of 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fats.
It will really depend on your activity levels and the goals you are trying to achieve.

very little

Organ or tissue Daily metabolic rate
Adipose (fat) 2 calories per pound
Muscle 6 calories per pound
Liver 91 calories per pound
Brain 109 calories per pound
Heart 200 calories per pound
Kidneys 200 calories per pound

So as steakeater said not as much as whats hyped out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back