1250 calories way to little?

cdeffect

White Belt
Reaction score
Trying to lose a good amount of fat,currently at 195 lbs and want to be around 180 within a few months. I started running 1 1/2 miles in the morning before breakfast, and cycling for an hour a few times a week after lunch. I'm also 6'2 and 19 years old. I also drink around a gallon of water a day.

An example of what I ate today:
9:00 AM-Two grilled chickens and 1 cup of lentils
11:30 & 12:30-1/4 cup of almonds and 2 oranges
4:00-3 whole eggs, 1/2 onion and 1 tbsp of olive oil
5:30-1 protein shake and 1 cup of blueberries/raspberries

Total-
1250 calories
110g protein
90g carbs

More protein.

more protein? more food in general.

1250 is ridiculous. At your age and height I'd go as far as to guess you could double that intake and still be in energy deficit. Do some more research and you'll shortly discover why your plan is massively flawed.

its not too little if you sit down all day, but you need to up your protein a bit

How much protein should I add? And should I remove fruit almost completely and replace it with vegetables and more lentils?

It's perfect. Also I would up the running to about 2 miles @ 5mph .. which should put you at 24 minutes on the treadmill.

That will get you the abs for the ass end of summer

I would not be able to function with that little amount of food.

It's perfect. Also I would up the running to about 2 miles @ 5mph .. which should put you at 24 minutes on the treadmill.

That will get you the abs for the ass end of summer

I hope so. I would be running more but I have some nagging shin splints. I also function fine on the 1250 calories, maybe a tiny bit extra tired but iv'e also been burnt out from doing a lot of cardio. I wouldn't say I ever feel starving.

1250 calories at your height and weight . . . is way too low on a cut. I'm 30-40 pounds lighter than you and I eat around 1800 calories if i cut and I still lose a pound a week. I'd recommend checking your bmr (BMR Calculator) and calculating your daily calorie requirements with BMR Formula and lower your calorie intake by 500 from there.

1250 calories is just about right...

for an 8 year old girl.

#1. Strength training burns more calories than cardio, so if you are looking to burn fat, strength train.

#2. You eat like my 8 year old brother.

You shouldn't run before breakfast.

Breakfast should be one of the first things you do when you wake up along with a glass of water.

Your body was just starving / dehydrating for the last 8 hours or so you were sleeping.
You need to wake up your metabolism!

Strength training builds muscle.

Muscle burns calories (even while resting).

Back