10x3

I could see doing 10X3 on a mainlift on a second day to get extra volume, but not using that as your main rep scheme.

In my opinion you're really gonna be better off with high intensity sets, only less of them.

Not to confuse you, but the late, great Anthony Dittillo was a big fan of high set, low rep training. He however trained full body numerous times a week as well, so had to limit his intensity otherwise he would have overtrained.

i did a 10x3 workout scheme for a little over a month about 5 months ago. i would have to say that it worked great for me. i was as scientific with it as i possibly could get, always working a range at 80-85 percent of my max. i did it with bench and squat and for a short period deadlift (i think there are a lot better ways to go about improving dead numbers). i had never really lifted heavy all the time until i started this program (aside from a month getting my body ready for heavy lifting via semi heavy 5x5 schemes). i fell in love with going heavy ever since. i say learn as much about the 10x3 as possible,
t-nation has a great read on the subject so check that out. if you prepare yourself for the heavy loads and lift within the proper weight range you should certainly see your numbers improve

CarnalSalvation said:
I could see doing 10X3 on a mainlift on a second day to get extra volume, but not using that as your main rep scheme.

In my opinion you're really gonna be better off with high intensity sets, only less of them.

Not to confuse you, but the late, great Anthony Dittillo was a big fan of high set, low rep training. He however trained full body numerous times a week as well, so had to limit his intensity otherwise he would have overtrained.
exactly, I have used these most noticibly on a "speed squat or bench day" but never on a main lift. If i was using heavy weights with a 10x3 scheme I would imagine I would burn out quickly.

Whe I first started deadlifting, I used a 10 x 3 scheme exclusively for that lift. I had pretty good results, but I would imagine anyone jsut starting to deadlift would have pretty good results, and I have no basis for comparison. As the weights started getting heavier, I needed longer rests in between sets, and the rate at which I could increase the load slowed considerably about halfway through the workout. I found that I had better luck if I increased the rest intervals to around 3 minutes per set and counted 3-4 warmup sets as part of the workout, but at that point it was hardly a 10 x 3.

I can see how this sort or workout would be great for hypertrophy, and the application to dynamic effort lifting is obvious, but as others have already stated, in terms of increasing limit strength, it really is just a little too much work.

Everyone one way or another has experienced the 10x3...I know its what they reccomend in schools...I personally have fell in love with the 6x3 but dont use it on my main lifts.

Good for a total beginner in lifting.

For a total novice I will agree, although for total beginners I often advise 20-25 singles on the deadlift as opposed to rep sets.

Back