10 UFC Fighters I will TRULY Miss when they are gone

I've been following Banana Man's career since his first and only post on Sherdog. I will miss him when he's banned for making some sort of stupid thread a few months from now.

I'm going to miss rampage as well, once he's gone, who else will try to win an mma match without straying beyond the Marquis of Queensbury rules?

i love the way he throws those powershots from the back of the building.

Agreed. The previous generation of Chuck, Wand, Fedor, Nog, Cro Cop, BJ, Tito, Rampage, Franklin, Shogun, Saku, etc... that was a great time from 03-07. The current scene of MMA with Bendo, JDS, Bones, Aldo as champs doesn't have the same anywhere the same feel. I haven't latched on too much to the current generation of fighters yet, but I will definitely miss the previous generation. That will forever be the golden age of MMA in my eyes.

I call this the Rose Tinted Effect.

It happens whenever a generation passes.

Everyone from the previous generation feels that the newcomers aren't as smart, moral, hardworking, or in the case of MMA fans referring to fighters, "real warriors" who always put on exciting fights.

I started watching MMA way back when Rampage fought the Beastman the first time. I loved PRIDE FC. I thought Wand was the baddest dude on the planet (I didn't dare admit it as a Rampage fan back when both were title relevent).

But its time to come to grips with the fact that those guys are out or on their way there. Bendo is a great fighter who always brings it. Watching JDS take out HW after HW is a sight to behold. I feel the same electric feel when Anderson Silva walks into the cage as I did when Fedor calmly made his way into the ring.

It's okay to feel how you feel, but at least acknowledge for what it is...

Whooa, buddy wtf...anybody else notice this shit too?

No offense, sorry to say but only a really, really sad person would no life at all would take the time to find all of that out. Also for the record, it wasn't deliberate, it's honestly a coincidence. Sorry to burst your bubble buddy. Still funny though. :icon_lol:

Oh He is already long gone but the Dan Severn "THE BEAST" man I miss that mustache and the presence that guy had.

No one but Fedor came close to have that same presence in the ring. Ie everything around him just seemed to shrink.

didn't severn just fight a few months back?

I'm pretty sure he's been more active than most UFC fighters the past few years lol

Back