10 Allegedly Fixed Fights in MMA History

i think kimbo vs houston alexander was fixed, alexander barely threw a single punch

and drew dober vs jamie varner seems weird to me too

Hahaha what on earth, he almost gave brock brain damage before running out of gas.

There were A LOT of people saying it at the time.

There was a wink / thumbs up or something at the start of the second round that was supposed to be the signal.

I think Carwin even spoke about it, defending himself, blaming the energy drink or something for the sudden crash of energy

There were A LOT of people saying it at the time.

There was a wink / thumbs up or something at the start of the second round that was supposed to be the signal.

I think Carwin even spoke about it, defending himself, blaming the energy drink or something for the sudden crash of energy
Lol what a load of bollocks, the way he was destroying Brock he could have very easily tapped before the end of the first, the ref could have stopped it even.

Lol what a load of bollocks, the way he was destroying Brock he could have very easily tapped before the end of the first, the ref could have stopped it even.

Yeah look into it I guess

Jones vs USADA
Brock vs USADA

dana-money.jpg
<WellThere>

But..but...Yakuza! Stfu noob.

I think Conor vs Eddie was a work

Wee Ed made a fortune to roll over

I imagine they made that charge because of the way Carwin just rolled over in the second round. But how do they make sense of the first? Carwin was pummeling Lesnar for all he was worth. Was the ref complicit, allowing Lesnar to take such a beating? Even if he was, could the fixers have counted on Lesnar to take such terrible punishment and remain conscious? If I were planning a fix, I'd find it very difficult to project it going down like that fight did. As an aside, I shudder to think of what the long term effects of that first round on Lesnar will be when they show up.

I don't think you need to worry about Lesnar.
Carwin's GnP was pretty impotent in that fight. Looked like more than it was.

Yeah look into it I guess
I don't have to look into it, a fix where the guy who's supposed to lose brutally destroys the opponent in the first round, in a fight where the ref could easily have stopped the fight also, seems like a ridiculous risk to take no? Or was the ref also in on the game? A fix looks more like chael vs tito, or shamrocks choke on kimbo.

Last edited:
I don't have to look into it, a fix where the guy who's supposed to loose brutally destroys the opponent in the first round, in a fight where the ref could easily have stopped the fight also, seems like a ridiculous risk to take no? Or was the ref also in on the game? A fix looks more like chael vs tito, or shamrocks choke on kimbo.

I really couldn't give a fuck mate.

You seem worked up over it - go watch it in a new light and have a think about it.

Coleman vs Takada is rightfully #1, Takada was also the man behind Mayweather vs Tenshin and some still say that wasnt fixed {<jordan}
One of the best boxers ever against a smaller kickboxer. It went down exactly like most people expected. What’s the upside to fixing it?

Last edited:
I think Floyd was actually worried tenshin might try something other than boxing so he got him out of there ASAP
They were putting on a show and going light, then tenshin started punching too hard, so floyd got pissed and took him out. I'm not getting into the fixed debate but the punches became real

"The fight changed with a woosh. First I went dry. Like stopped sweating. Next my legs lost all power, then it moved up my body. At first I thought I was cramping but that goes away. When the ref stood us up at the end of the round I was done.

I walked over sat down and for the first time in my life I quit. I told my corner I was done. They could not process it. They were on the Moon with what I just did and I could not show them I wasn't sweating and words were not getting through.
My heart is pounding. They are working on me but I can't even hear them. "My legs, I can't feel my legs". They start rubbing me. Imagine their persepctive, I just did what I was supposed to do. I was winning, mauling him.

I do not remember the bell, the push out of the stool or the wink. I was telling myself that I could finish him. The rest plays out as we see on TV. I go backstage where they are treating me and my heart rate is not good. I can't catch my breath. Still no sweat. Vomit. Shaking and the Dr. realizes I am in a medical condition. Not sure getting choked out sends many people to the hospital. I was rushed to the ER where they tell me my body is dehydrated and my organs are not working as they should.

Brock did what Champions do, found a way to win. But he was not doing shit in the first. There is a reason he does not mention my name for re-match."

First time I’ve seen that. I was a big Carwin fan and was pretty bummed when he retired so soon. Cheers.

Alvarez vs. Conor was most definitely a work. If Alvarez actually tried to win that fight, he would have gone for Conor's legs immediately as the fight started. The same strategy he used against Pettis. Instead he ignored all of his coaches' instructions. Yeah, ok.

Same can be said about Rumble vs. DC 2. You're telling me Rumble simply decided to become a wrestler against the best MMA wrestler of all time and completely gas himself out in the process?

Back