1 year in to the no car life, loving it

It is really inefficient for people who have to drive everywhere. Only worth it if you live in rural countru area.

Sounds like you need a new job or career if a car payment prevents you from buying stuff you couldn't before. That's pretty sad tbh. Can't imagine how you're doing with chicks either. lmao

I don't have a car, it would be nice but I take the streetcar, buses, and Uber everywhere I get. Plus I drink a lot.

Can't get a DUI if you don't drive.
<OKC16>

I work 20 miles away

Besides going to work and back..i dont travel much anyway

You drive your car somewhere to go for a walk???
<{MindBrown}><seedat><{katwhu}><Huh2>{<huh}<Dylan><{anton}><{clintugh}>

That's as crazy as people who drive 2 miles to go to a fitness center to run or walk on a treadmill.
Are you being serious? Anyone who lives in a city is going to have to drive to hike. I’m luck that I don’t have to drive far.

I stopped driving after I got my license revoked. Didn't improve my life much, but it likely did for others. Especially kids who are hard to see at night.

Your car payment was $1000? If you were stressing that you couldn't afford the car you had.

I think out of all of my friends that live and work in Chicago city proper.. maybe two of them own cars. Two of friends haven't owned a car in at least five years. They take the L to work every day and everything else is within walking distance.. they literally live within a three to four miles radius.

Worst case they take Ubers

I got rid of my car in May.
I hadn't really used it in a long time.
I used to drive to work took 25 - 35min depending on traffic.
One day I took the bike and realized it took 20min to work.
My city has bike lines all over and is active working on getting people to leave the car.
It takes 45min bike from one end to the other.

Now I got two electric bikes one cargo bike when I need to haul shit or transport dead hookers.

Try that in Phoenix during summer. Man I remember the bus days and walking, don't know how I did it.

I went about 2 years without a vehicle. It’s really not that bad if you can figure out other ways to get around. Plus Uber/Lyft makes it very do-able

Bump for more opinions

On the verge of selling my car

Will save me $140 a month accounting for buying an unlimited bus pass and no more repair bills ever.

Checking out bus routes it, as my place of work isn't fixed, I will be adding between 20 minutes and 100 minutes to my daily commute

I would buy a good pair of noise cancelling headphones and just sit on the bus / walk whilst listening to audio books so the time is spent well

I like the sound of the above but can't help thinking the height of winter may be a bad time to start this.....on the other hand the longer I leave it the less my car is worth

Decisions decisions

Bump for more opinions

On the verge of selling my car

Will save me $140 a month accounting for buying an unlimited bus pass and no more repair bills ever.

Checking out bus routes it, as my place of work isn't fixed, I will be adding between 20 minutes and 100 minutes to my daily commute

I would buy a good pair of noise cancelling headphones and just sit on the bus / walk whilst listening to audio books so the time is spent well

I like the sound of the above but can't help thinking the height of winter may be a bad time to start this.....on the other hand the longer I leave it the less my car is worth

Decisions decisions

giphy.gif

I dont go to bars. I dont drink anymore. I dont care about women. I decided no more girlfriends, pets or anything that can cause stress. Ive decided to go the lone wolf route. Ive never found anyone I could relate to anyway.

Your choice to not drive only suits you because you're a loner who doesn't want friends or a girlfriend and just wants to stay home playing video games. That lifestlyle would not work for most of us. We want a social life. We want adventure and experiences.

Your choice to not drive only suits you because you're a loner who doesn't want friends or a girlfriend and just wants to stay home playing video games. That lifestlyle would not work for most of us. We want a social life. We want adventure and experiences.

That seems true

Although getting busses would lead to meeting more people than you would do driving place to place

That seems true

Although getting busses would lead to meeting more people than you would do driving place to place

Buses are not exactly filled with the type of people I'd want to meet. At least not where I live. Lot of homeless and old Asian people.

Sounds like you need a new job or career if a car payment prevents you from buying stuff you couldn't before. That's pretty sad tbh. Can't imagine how you're doing with chicks either. lmao
Pretty much spot on. Must not like pussy i guess because unless he looks as good as me where pussy will drive to you at your demand, you pretty much need a vehicle to cart pussy around.

What you’re really experiencing is the joy of being debt free, in a limited sense. Having a $600 car note was a burden, now you’re free from it. Do you have any other debt in your life? Imagine how much more disposable income you’ll have not carrying those burdens.

Now imagine saving up that money and finding a passive income stream. You don’t work, and money keeps coming in. You have essentially bought yourself years of time to do what you want.

Being debt free is true freedom; it’s my goal.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad

Dave Ramsay podcast

Is the nail salon nearby too?

Or do you get the hair and nails done at the same place?

No car in Canada means freezing so no not for me

It was -15 this morning and I rode my bike. If you dress right its not so bad. Thermal pants, socks and shirts help a lot.

Right now I need better gloves, my hands were frozen, but my new gloves arrive tonight or tomorrow.

Scarfs are great as well.

Just find good winter gear and youre fine.

Back