1 year in to the no car life, loving it

So as some of you may remember I posted about a year ago that I got in a car accident and would no longer be driving anymore.

I got a lot of responses telling me I was crazy, and that I didnt have my priorities in order, etc.

However, I could envision my life without a car and how it would work. It didnt seem crazy at all. Most people think they need a car when they dont.

Even my family and friend said I lost my mind.

I started walking 3.5km to work and back everyday. I saved so much money on car bills that I was able to afford things that I wanted, but wasnt able to buy before.

I got the new gaming computer I wanted, a new bike and tons of other stuff. Instead of being stressed out about a $1000 car bill, I look forward to the extra 600 a month and what I will buy with it. Its exciting.

Ive never been happier. Im in better shape than anytime in the past 10 years from the exercise, and I dont mind listening to a podcast while I walk or ride home. No need to hit the gym now, im killing two birds with one stone.

Anyway just giving an update incase anyone else has thought about it. I live within close proximity to my grocery store, work and my hair dresser so its easier. If you travel far for work, this wont work out.
I can't do it because of work, but I can see how it would be somewhat liberating to some people.

My car broke down the other week and I was fucked within a day, sad really but that's life I guess.

I can't do it because of work, but I can see how it would be somewhat liberating to some people.

My car broke down the other week and I was fucked within a day, sad really but that's life I guess.
just watch final destination and you will never drive again

It was -15 this morning and I rode my bike. If you dress right its not so bad. Thermal pants, socks and shirts help a lot.

Right now I need better gloves, my hands were frozen, but my new gloves arrive tonight or tomorrow.

Scarfs are great as well.

Just find good winter gear and youre fine.
No way would I be on a bike at -15 that's a warm day here in winter would you be on a bike at -30 don't think so.

No way would I be on a bike at -15 that's a warm day here in winter would you be on a bike at -30 don't think so.

If it was not snowing and the sidewalks were clear I would probably bike in -30, yes.

Back