• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

$1 million cash or a chance to win $1 billion on a coin flip?

Edited the OP a little bit for people living in expensive areas.

While a million isn't much, especially in areas where that can't pay for a house. I'd take the million pay off debt, a new fully paid house, a new vehicle, and keep working this would allow me to free up income for investments and be better set for retirement. Yes it is not 1 billion but it works. Now if 1 million couldn't buy the house where I live flip for the billion!!

Last edited:
A million bucks is like 50 bucks in 2020 with today's inflation
ohzrd5t.jpg

A million bucks is like 50 bucks in 2020 with today's inflation
Oh my ass I do purchasing and the prices and cost of most items hasn’t even gone up that much.. They are just charging you more at wal mart because you’re dumb enough to keep typing stuff like you just did lol

Fyi: $1 million is $2,778 per month over 30 years if you wanna quit your job, which I wouldn't recommend.

It's much more than that. The average stock market return is 9.75%, so even without touching the original principal you're making nearly 7k a month, and that's AFTER uncle Sam takes his 15%

Depends..

Scenario one i take the million.. i like my job and my average yearly passive income is about 70% on invested capital.. in sweden that nice million dollars is a lot..

Scenario 2 i take the billion dollar coinflip and get some bettors/investors and make a way better deal than a million win or lose being willing to part with a majority of that billion.. anyone with a billion dollars would be willing to bet a tenth for the 50/50 opportunity of doubling up..

Last edited:
Back