• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

$1 million cash or a chance to win $1 billion on a coin flip?

Bunch of guys scraping by saying they either have millions already, or can make it easy. Oh internet, don't change.

I would take the million, pay off any debts, put the rest into my kids and more ag land, and keep working.
The average salary in the us is like 55 to 65k depending on who you ask, but of course a million dollars is nothing to these people.

Milli easily, didn't have to think about it. I don't need a billion. The only appeal of a billion dollars would be how much I could give away to change people's lives for the better.

The million would immediately start growing anyway. Investors know.

It would change depending on my mood at the time of being asked? At the moment, get the coin, and let's let it ride on a 50/50 chance for a billion!

I'd take the million because the other option would be a coin toss between a billion dollars or suicide.

I think only people who are already at least decently wealthy would take the coin toss. And degenerate gamblers.

Billion coinflip for sure.

Having a million now would not change life much for me. Anything I'd want to do with the money would be upgrade to what I already have. (exotic car, upgrade existing home theater, etc...) With a billion though, you can start doing unusual stuff like having live-in butler, having multiple luxury homes across the world, yatch, private jet, etc...

I would sell some action on the Billy flip. A lot of gamblers would be down to throw in a few hundred k to get a nice a couple of % of the billion if we win. Could easily sell over a mill worth action

Back