Social ♕♕♕GoT creators new show: Confederate♕♕♕

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good to see people with a open mind.

The show may suck (HBO show sucking??) but regardless, stifling freedom of speech in regards to something that is of creative nature and science fiction for our entertainment is ridiculous.

i dont see it as a freedom of speech issue. thats a right that exists between govt. and citizen, not citizen and citizen.

but i also think its completely idiotic for people to protest a show like this. or....bitch about. i doubt they truly care enough to protest. its a historical hypothetical that is worth exploring. if the authors are truly doing it for that purpose, then people should stfu. i doubt theyre doing it for some "south will rise again; slavery was good" bs.

i dont see it as a freedom of speech issue. thats a right that exists between govt. and citizen, not citizen and citizen.

but i also think its completely idiotic for people to protest a show like this. or....bitch about. i doubt they truly care enough to protest. its a historical hypothetical that is worth exploring. if the authors are truly doing it for that purpose, then people should stfu. i doubt theyre doing it for some "south will rise again; slavery was good" bs.
What I mean is that people are outraged that something like this could be created and expressed... they don't care about freedom of speech in that regard, let alone care to explore what the show is truly going to be about.

I'm willing to bet money that the show has zero to do with giving a positive outlook on the Confederates let alone to push a "south will rise again" agenda lol. Especially considering that some of the creative forces behind the show are black... not that there is a chance they could "sell out" for their careers/$$ but still, let's be real here. The majority of Americans want nothing to do with a pro-confederate angle, I don't care if you're white, black, grey, republican or democrat... it's a ridiculous notion regardless.

Well, they're shitty writers, so I'm happy to read this because it most likely means they won't be touching the GoT spinoff

As the old saying goes "Those who dont give a shit about representing history correctly are doomed to bitch about it forever."

What I mean is that people are outraged that something like this could be created and expressed... they don't care about freedom of speech in that regard, let alone care to explore what the show is truly going to be about.

I'm willing to bet money that the show has zero to do with giving a positive outlook on the Confederates let alone to push a "south will rise again" agenda lol. Especially considering that some of the creative forces behind the show are black... not that there is a chance they could "sell out" for their careers/$$ but still, let's be real here. The majority of Americans want nothing to do with a pro-confederate angle, I don't care if you're white, black, grey, republican or democrat... it's a ridiculous notion regardless.

right.

i think a lot of people feign outrage over expression of some ideas, and then some people are truly offended and outraged. it occurs on the right and the left. the past years have been dominated by the margins of the left. i often wonder how many people lure themselves, and lie themselves, into being outraged, just for the ability to white knight on the internet.

Now, we need to foster more racial hatred. This and pushing the Gay agenda are Paramount - HBOCuck.

You know what's annoying about GoT? Everyone who watches can't stop trying to get me to watch it. It's everywhere and now they have Ed Sheeran singing it? Wasn't this supposed to be a soap opera about dungeons and dragons but gory or something?

original.png

You should definitely watch it. Also watch Rome and The Last Kingdo. Black Sails is good too. There is another one on Netflix about the Hudson Bay Fur company, also a good show.

GoT is very overhyped though. I actually enjoyed both Rome and The Last Kingdom more.

You should definitely watch it. Also watch Rome and The Last Kingdo. Black Sails is good too. There is another one on Netflix about the Hudson Bay Fur company, also a good show.

GoT is very overhyped though. I actually enjoyed both Rome and The Last Kingdom more.

Black Sails sucked after season 2 and did nothing with the storyline until they had to rush to fit it all together. Fuck that show.

I watch GOT but I think its gone down hill since they've run out of source material (books). I can't really blame weiss and benioff for that though. I'll give this show a chance, but imo it will be anti-white southerner. Just my opinion.

I just looked up their previous works, I'm not sure those two writers are that good. They were handed GoT on a silver platter, an author better than them wrote the story.

No, have you read the books. They are colossal clusterfucks of side stories. Making a show out them was not trivial.

I like the idea of the Confederate. Southerns can cheer that they broke free and then cringe over the preservation of an institution which was the basis for them rebellion.

I study the civil war for realz so i'll give it a shot
Historical fiction of any kind is more often than not obnoxious to me though. I love it, but I hate it.

Leftists seek to control the narrative using buzzwords and implicit threats in order to suppress opposing viewpoints and ultimately obtain power and control over others for their own benefit. Are you people still not grasping this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back