Social “Whatever the circumstance, health wise you are financially better off with ObamaCare" - N. Pelosi

Healthcare is a human right like education and police services. Every American, even the poor, deserve protection under the law, education, and healthcare. And that means that you need to subsidize that for a lot of people.

Also, unless you're making like $80k, you receive more government services than you pay for. So the financially better off are probably subsidizing things not nearly as essential as healthcare for you. Do you think that you don't deserve things like garbage collection, police, fire services, an education, roads, etc. that you wouldn't be able to afford without the rich subsidizing them for you?

Thing is we're at a point where the person with 80k is still fucked. Problem is that employer healthcare shields a large enough portion of society from having to directly confront this issue. The part that isn't is rioting in the streets but the individual market is still a small minority of the healthcare system. The best part of ObamaCare forcing people to interact with these murderers is it was the best possible way to spread awareness of how horrible these companies are and the marketplace lets people keep track of the increase of health care prices while before that was just some news jargon to most people . If you weren't insurered you'd have no idea, now everyone knows.

The Supreme Court ruled that Americans have no right of protection under the law. They found that police officers have no duty to protect citizens.

Just to enforce the law after the fact.

The case was a few female cops running away from someone with a gun shooting at people. Bitches took off. People ended up shot.

Fuck you says the government

Edit: and inner city “schools” are just daycare centers. Kids get 4.0 grades and can barely read. Then due to good “grades” get an undeserved scholarship into college and then would fail out if not for pressure to not fail these clowns. They just end up getting some heinously dumb degree like women’s studies or something.
I like this post, except the last paragraph.

It ain't just "inner city" schools that are fucked..

My neice's boyfriend is an illegal. All 11 of his family get mediCal and pay nothing for healthcare. They have shit out like four kids and paid ZERO for the births.

I've honestly been concerned about what happens if SCOTUS rules single payer unconstitutional. SCOTUS is the only branch of government that isn't in the constitution.

???????
What do you mean

Executive, legislative, and judicial. We had a Supreme Court in Washington’s day did we not?

My neice's boyfriend is an illegal. All 11 of his family get mediCal and pay nothing for healthcare. They have shit out like four kids and paid ZERO for the births.

Your nieces boyfriend and his family can all get hurled back across the border.

Sorry sherbro

???????
What do you mean

Executive, legislative, and judicial. We had a Supreme Court in Washington’s day did we not?

I mean the the Constitution doesn't say anything about a Supreme Court. Nor does it say it has judicial review. SCOTUS took that power in 1803 and everyone except Jackson one time kind of just rolled with it. When people talk about the founders brilliant intention for balance between the three branches it's just not true, the judicial branch evolved. The circuit courts came into being wayy later too. If the states knew the Supreme Court would have judicial review over state courts for example there is no way in hell that the Constitution would have been ratified.

Supreme Court didn't have the recognized authority to do judicial review in any capacity until Jefferson. Nor was it clear the judges thought they had that authority. Whether or not it could overturn state laws or federal laws passed by legislators took decades and decades of advancing law. Marbury just established a vague principle that was built upon by future Court's. But the founders built balance between the executive and the legislative, that third part didn't actually happen.

I mean the the Constitution doesn't say anything about a Supreme Court. Nor does it say it has judicial review. SCOTUS took that power in 1803 and everyone except Jackson one time kind of just rolled with it. When people talk about the founders brilliant intention for balance between the three branches it's just not true, the judicial branch evolved. The circuit courts came into being wayy later too. If the states knew the Supreme Court would have judicial review over state courts for example there is no way in hell that the Constitution would have been ratified.

Supreme Court didn't have the recognized authority to do judicial review in any capacity until Jefferson. Nor was it clear the judges thought they had that authority. Whether or not it could overturn state laws or federal laws passed by legislators took decades and decades of advancing law. Marbury just established a vague principle that was built upon by future Court's. But the founders built balance between the executive and the legislative, that third part didn't actually happen.

Ok I get that. That’s true.

People found a way around the will of the people. Rule by judicial fiat.

Look at all the cans in this thread that were banned

I told the higher ups (Not Sherdog Admins) to prune them. They we're making certain parties and groups look bad.

This is why you can't call me a shill or whatever you think I am, I will destroy or get rid of any loose weight regardless of my side or theirs.

All I know is that I was making $12 hr at that time, with no health insurance. I didn't qualify for any credits and I had to pay almost $200 for Obamacare. ...fuck that.

My neice's boyfriend is an illegal.

ICE_2.jpg

Make the call

You have to look at it this way..

Obamacare = You're fucked
Republican Alternative = You're fucked in a different way.

Democrat = Says Obama is great because they are dumb as a box of hammers.

Republican = Says Trump is great because they are dumb as a box of hammers.

I'm not. I lost my doctor and my plan. Most people that work for Small Businesses got completely hosed by Obamacare.

With those losses and my new plan I have to wait weeks and even over a month now for a visit. The costs are also much greater. There is no way I am doing better financially or am I receiving better care.

Healthcare is a human right like education and police services. Every American, even the poor, deserve protection under the law, education, and healthcare. And that means that you need to subsidize that for a lot of people.

Also, unless you're making like $80k, you receive more government services than you pay for. So the financially better off are probably subsidizing things not nearly as essential as healthcare for you. Do you think that you don't deserve things like garbage collection, police, fire services, an education, roads, etc. that you wouldn't be able to afford without the rich subsidizing them for you?

i'm not sure if you know what human rights are.

-health care is not a human right. first of all, how do you define health care? equal access? sure, everyone has access, but not everyone can afford it. and why should they? why should i pay for someone's health care? i take care of myself, eat right, work out and stay physically active. i don't abuse drugs and alcohol and don't engage in risky activities. yet why should i pay for the obese neckbeard that has diabetes? why should i pay for the guy with lung cancer after he has been smoking for 20 years? why should i pay so that chicks can get free birth control? why should i pay for people that don't pay into the system? health care is a fairly recent phenomenon and just because it can improve someone's health and quality of life doesnt mean everyone should be taxed so that it can be subsidized for users that never paid into it. about 44% of americans (76.4 million) dont pay federal income tax and 52.2 million receive govt subsidies/benefits. these people wont pay into health care, yet we are supposed to pay for their health care? subsidizing their health care will just reward bad behavior

education is not a human right either. sure, its beneficial and statistics show that people with out a HS diploma earn less that someone who has it. but it is not a human right. in fact, if you make it a human right, it loses its value. education is important but only if the student and their family value it. throwing more money into failing inner city schools have showed that it doesnt work. billions have poured into inner city schools and the improvement was tiny. what was the return on investment? small uptick in grades but things like SAT and ACT scores barely improved. in fact, many states showed that despite the increase in funds, SAT scores remained the same or dropped.

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa746.pdf

i make good money and pay my fair share in taxes. what i dont agree with is the govt taking my money for a govt run health care program for people that never paid into it. example: our taxes fund the VA and the govt cant even manage that; more that 9 million veterans use the VA..... yet look at the problems they have. now imagine applying that across the entire country?

i make good money and pay my fair share in taxes. what i dont agree with is the govt taking my money for a govt run health care program for people that never paid into it. example: our taxes fund the VA and the govt cant even manage that; more that 9 million veterans use the VA..... yet look at the problems they have. now imagine applying that across the entire country?

The VA gets a bad rap, but I've been using them for healthcare for about 10 years now and I couldn't be more happy. Maybe they are harder to deal with in bigger cities, but all I know is that it works for me.

There is a VA clinic where I live, which basically acts as my family doctor for labs and such, but the closest VA hospital is about 90 miles, so if I have any kind of emergency I go to the civilian ER. I also broke my ankle and had to have surgery and it was all done by regular Doctors at a civilian hospital.

Seeing as I'm not a disabled veteran I do have a copay but it's not much....
$10 a normal visit (labs, follow-ups, etc...)
$50 a specialty visit (ER, Surgery, X-ray, etc...)
$8 a month if I need prescriptions (which I don't) regardless of how many or how few I have, but one time fill ups don't cost anything.

They don't cover teeth, but I found a veterans program through Delta Dental that costs $50 a month, which includes cleanings and check ups, and covers 70% for cavities and oral surgery.

I also never have to wait if I want to see my doctor if I have a cold or something minor. I can usually get in that day or the next; and like I said if it's anything major I just go to the ER. When I broke my ankle and had surgery (6 screws and a pin) I only ended up paying around $250-$300 from when I went to the ER to my last follow up visit after the surgery.

The VA gets a bad rap, but I've been using them for healthcare for about 10 years now and I couldn't be more happy. Maybe they are harder to deal with in bigger cities, but all I know is that it works for me.

There is a VA clinic where I live, which basically acts as my family doctor for labs and such, but the closest VA hospital is about 90 miles, so if I have any kind of emergency I go to the civilian ER. I also broke my ankle and had to have surgery and it was all done by regular Doctors at a civilian hospital.

Seeing as I'm not a disabled veteran I do have a copay but it's not much....
$10 a normal visit (labs, follow-ups, etc...)
$50 a specialty visit (ER, Surgery, X-ray, etc...)
$8 a month if I need prescriptions (which I don't) regardless of how many or how few I have, but one time fill ups don't cost anything.

They don't cover teeth, but I found a veterans program through Delta Dental that costs $50 a month, which includes cleanings and check ups, and covers 70% for cavities and oral surgery.

I also never have to wait if I want to see my doctor if I have a cold or something minor. I can usually get in that day or the next; and like I said if it's anything major I just go to the ER. When I broke my ankle and had surgery (6 screws and a pin) I only ended up paying around $250-$300 from when I went to the ER to my last follow up visit after the surgery.

you are luckier than most. i myself use the VA here in hawaii and appreciate what they are trying to do, but they are bogged down; over burdened and bogged down with bureaucracy. the simplist thing like seeing an ortho doc to look at your shoulder requires you to first see your GP (wait time is a few weeks to a few months), referral to physical therapy (which can take a few weeks to be seen), go through a few weeks of therapy to document no improvement, then wait a few more weeks to a month to get re-evaluated by the GP, get referral to ortho (which takes a few weeks to a month to be seen). get seen by ortho, surgery can be booked 2-3 months out. total wait time to get to ortho can take 3-5 months

Thing is we're at a point where the person with 80k is still fucked. Problem is that employer healthcare shields a large enough portion of society from having to directly confront this issue. The part that isn't is rioting in the streets but the individual market is still a small minority of the healthcare system. The best part of ObamaCare forcing people to interact with these murderers is it was the best possible way to spread awareness of how horrible these companies are and the marketplace lets people keep track of the increase of health care prices while before that was just some news jargon to most people . If you weren't insurered you'd have no idea, now everyone knows.

Forcing your will on people through legislation will have them hating you, not the insurance companies. This is very evident in political extremism now occurring in the open.

Forcing your will on people through legislation will have them hating you, not the insurance companies. This is very evident in political extremism now occurring in the open.

That's been the negative of course but there was really no other way to spread awareness of this issue cause so much of America was isolated from it letting the insurance companies slaughter the minority of people on the individual market. Remember back in Obama's first term people legit thought he was out of touch addressing health care instead of the economy in general(the general instinct not praising the whole Obamacare talking about just addressing health care) because shifting the burden to employers most people protected most people. Now people might not identify it as slaughter cause they've been so brainwashed but more people see what's going on cause the prices and how they're increasing if being thrust into their faces. It's why people realize we just can't have a civil society where so many people support literally killing their neighbors.

Not saying that was their intent but that is what ended up happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back