• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

“We don’t do gimmick fights” - Dana White

yeah, too bad the UFC doesn't take all the good things from Pride, like the over the top promotion and showbiz style entrances. they also don't have the balls that Pride did. imagine UFC holding a LHW tournament and allowing Nemkov to compete in it.
Absolutely do not have the balls that PRIDE did. PRIDE was hip to the fact that people wanna see different things, not the same thing over and over and over. The GPs, the freak show fights, kickboxing matches between MMA stars and K1 royalty, bringing in champions from other organziations for one offs, grappling matches, etc, they brought a change of pace that kept people interested in their product as a whole. Spectacle. With the UFC really about growing their name and not the sport of MMA, which at this point is entrenched on the world stage and isn't going anywhere anyway, if they want to continue growing that brand they should just look to PRIDE as the blueprint. And I'd be ok with it.

"richest guy in the world" Zuckeberg probably not in the top 10 anymore

what's funny is when they were competing vs Pride they used to always act like Pride was a "circus" and that the show was all gimmicks and the UFC was "real as it gets" because it was like a sport with rankings and proper matchmaking etc., but if you pay attention, ever since they bought Pride they've slowly been morphing into Pride.

also, i don't know why people think BMF is a gimmick fight. it's not. Dustin Poirer and Gaethje are legitimate fighters and top contenders. the belt is the gimmick, not the fight. if you want to talk about gimmick fights then people should bring up Couture vs James Toney, CM Punk fiasco, hell even Brock Lesnar.
Fine but still a silly lame pointless fake stupid belt tho

+

View attachment 988415

The Ultimate Fighting Circus rolls on..

7fc.png

*whispers in Dana's ear*

The best way to not look like a hypocrite when it comes to gimmick fights is to not shit on gimmick fights just because someone else is doing them.

There.

That's the secret.

it's a gimmick fight but it's the goat gimmick fight of all time. comical almost. whoever loses their company's stock will drop by billions though lol

For sure, imagine Zuck and Musk's faces plastered all over Time Square to promote the event <Eek2.0> It would get the attention of everyone young and old, a must see fight! :D<Lmaoo>

<Fedor23>

I got no problem with gimmick fights. I personally don't get into many of them, but if it sounds fun, I'll watch. If it doesn't, I won't. Simple as that.

It is a dumbass fight, greed will always outweigh anything else with Dana. It isn’t even about putting on the fight so much as it’s making sure no one else makes money off this.

A fight this stupid also sets the bar so low for freak show fights that the floodgates might open and we get some actual good freak show fights, I’d honestly rather see Musk vs Zuck in power slap.

For sure, imagine Zuck and Musk's faces plastered all over Time Square to promote the event <Eek2.0> It would get the attention of everyone young and old, a must see fight! :D<Lmaoo>
The pre-fight presser would be amazing.

I don't understand what's the point of indicating Dana White's contradictions.

He is a fight promoter. He is not in the business of saying things with objectivity and cohesion, but of justifying and promoting the fights and decisions the company makes. Bias and incoherence are not faults but required assets to do his job.

It's like pointing out that when a paid actor states in a McDonalds commercial that these are the best burgers in the world they are full of shit.

Duh. It's Dana's job to promote fights. He would gladly make Fury and Jones, or would have made Ngannou with Fury, in the UFC.

Back