“Sorry, chaps, you’re obsolete"

If I'm not wrong, I believe the Nomadic/Mongol invasions had something to do with Islam being knocked off its "scientific leader of the world" status. Hordes of nomads raided, raped and pillaged their way through the Middle East, taking down much of the Islamic "high culture" along with it.

I would say that outright science denial (not skepticism, which can be a different matter) is correlated with low level of intellect. That is not a matter of pure IQ, but also whether a person subjects themselves to intellectual tasks, and whether they are surrounded by a culture where their intelligence gets challenged, instead of conforming to uniformity of thought, in order to "simplify" their existence.

Keep in mind though, that much of what gets marketed as science, is every bit as much bullshit as any religious texts. What really matters is whether a person is capable of being critical, and sticking to the facts, rather than going with their "gut instinct", emotions, preconceived ideas of what the "truth" ought to be.

Do you think it's also possible that no science denial could get off the ground in the Islamic world due to strict and severe punishments for descent?

I can't help but assume this but I don't know. Great post though.

Do you think it's also possible that no science denial could get off the ground in the Islamic world due to strict and severe punishments for descent?

I can't help but assume this but I don't know. Great post though.

I believe that early Islam aligned itself with science, because early Islam was a product of militarism and conquest. In military matters, and in all matters regarding one's survival, one cannot afford to close their eyes to the truth, unless they wish to set themselves up for failure.

Wars, often times, have served as a catalyst for scientific breakthroughs, as they force the population to go into an "over-drive" of sorts, in belief that their existence is being threatened. Failed concepts are quickly abandoned, and more successful alternatives are welcomed, even if they may previously have been regarded as heretical.

Early Islam operated in a state of perpetual war, a legitimate attempt at a world conquest, and pushed the civilizations involved into achieving breakthroughs that may otherwise have been left unfounded, in a state of peace and comfort. It also helped that they could absorb the knowledge and the expertise, from the civilizations they conquered.

I await the day we can stop hearing the "As it says in Leviticus" or other such nonsense about God being the only one capable of creating life. Add that issue onto the scrap heap of religious contributions towards inquiry within the natural world.

Yeah, you're right, but Christianity has been uniquely hostile to science throughout its history. While science was embraced, for instance, in early Muslim countries, it was pretty aggressively suppressed in Christian ones. But I would agree that anti-science strains seem to have mostly melted away in Europe and Latin America.
You're right all of the scientific breakthroughs made by Muslims have helped shape this modern world. Where would science be without them.

Conservatives + Christianity + Science = "then why are there still monkeys moran ?????"
While I am a Christian, I do think Evolution is correct. That said, I am curious why we have not seen any evolutionary advancement in monkeys. You would think by now one of them would make a intelligence leap considering they have been around as long as we have.

The moms will largely be obsolete as well, once they properly figure out how to grow embryos under lab conditions.

The scientist will continue to work towards putting many of our natural functions out of business, in order to create a mechanical and controlled world order. And we are going to have to figure out how to adjust to that.

We can no longer afford to build the foundation of our existence on top of concepts that were once self-evident.

One has to wonder; should we be doing any of this?

Is that a worthwhile end game to almost anyone?

That's the voice that is slowly being silenced though, the people who live.

This is getting crazy. Does anyone remember the thread where Japanese scientists managed to create human egg cells from blood?
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/l...blood-in-breakthrough.3830925/#post-144869329

Now check this out:

First mammal with two mothers is born as gene-editing breakthrough creates mouse with no father

6c13e77d192e17d5de92fdd683418e79

Never has a major scientific breakthrough carried such sinister implications for mankind - specifically, for men.

“Sorry, chaps, you’re obsolete": that may as well have been the headline of an announcement that gripped the research community on Thursday, as the birth was revealed of the world’s first mammal born to two mothers.

A team at the Chinese Academy of Sciences stunned geneticists by revealing they had effectively rewritten the rules of reproduction, and in the process discovered exactly why some animals, including humans, need to have sex.

The breakthrough came in the form of 29 mice successfully born to same-sex (female) parents.Not only were the animals born healthy, but they went on to have babies themselves....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/needs-men-first-mammal-born-193342134.htm

A mouse with no father! That is not that impressive considering certain segments of the urban population have been fatherless for decades.

While I am a Christian, I do think Evolution is correct. That said, I am curious why we have not seen any evolutionary advancement in monkeys. You would think by now one of them would make a intelligence leap considering they have been around as long as we have.

Haha, I believe that we have to some extent. But evolution occurs over hundreds of millions of years, and observed human history in this area only dates back a century.

Conservatives + Christianity + Science = "then why are there still monkeys moran ?????"

Communists + biology = execution of geneticists, shitty crop yield, politically based pseudo-science. What a coincidence, same as sociology today.

Liberals+LGBTQ+mad scientists = Something that’s not gonna turn out so good
You're getting played like a fool, and it's your self-centered mind that prevents you from seeing the greater truth about what's going on.

Even if all the women teamed up with all the Democrats, it’s just more dead bodies.

Women sure are trying though, aren’t they?

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150818-chimps-living-in-the-stone-age

Rarely does anything advance by leaps and bounds (revolution). But rather usually by small baby steps that take eons (evolution). By my understanding anyways.

Back