• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media “Right now, the greatest middleweight of all time is Anderson Silva” ~ Michael Bisping

Do you agree?

• Total voters
Right Now? Who's going to pass him Mike?... The Babe Ruth of MMA

My only contention is PED...

It's very much akin to Barry Bonds. Easily the greatest skilled player with the highest level of accomplishment. But. PED's.

Thanks for admitting that you assess fighters based on reading wikipedia and the memes you parrot in sherdog.

Thats why you dont acknowledge any improvement in Silva's wrestling or Sonnen BJJ through their career.

Okami was a highly skilled wrestler btw, specially by the time he fought Silva for the tittle and had Zero succes taking him down. Certainly more skilled wrestler than Vettori that you mentioned earlier.
Holly shit if you are ignorant

Get into a mma gym or get another hobby.

23K posts in a mma forum you have LOL its embarrassing and you dont realize to what extent

You've said nothing of substance, just name calling and bullshit.

What I said wasn't at all controversial.

Chael Sonnen's record speaks for itself.

Anderson is the MW GOAT 100%

But Izzy fought some killers right away, and didn't really get to rack up defenses against guys like Cote, Leites, Franklin,

Izzy was thrown straight to the wolves
Kelvin, Yoel, Bobby Knuckles, Alex, Costa, Vettori, Jared,

Reactions: HHJ
Anderson won his first 16 UFC fights finishing 14 of those opponents with 11(12 if you include Lutter) MW title wins. That's pretty insane. Hard for anyone in any weight class to hit that height with all those title defenses.

It makes me happy when people count the Lutter fight

Izzy will never overtake Anderson as MW GOAT, simply because he is a one dimensional fighter.

Anderson could KO or submit. That will always set him apart.

Big difference between Anderson and Izzy is Anderson made a career of highlight reels with some stinkers sprinkled in. Izzy has stinkers with HL sprinkled in it.
And what pains me the most is Izzy has the potential to be just as great. He just choose to fight tentative.

Izzy can actually lead in the striking department and not just dance and taunt because he can only be effective on the backfoot.

Anderson has better BJJ but Izzy has better wrestling.

The body of work Anderson has is well beyond Izzy. And to match them up both on the best night of each guys career, I think Anderson TKO'S him.

0_Boxing-Paul-vs-Silva.jpg

PM-SPORT-PREVIEW-Paul-v-Silva.jpg

Easily. He kinda threw the fight to pass the torch. He could've put a clinic of violence on like he did to Leben and Franklin if he was still hungry.
I’m not sure, Silva was in his 40s if I recall correctly. Silva’s timing wasn’t the same late in his career. There were points in the fight where Silva absolutely looked faster, though.

Sonnen was a relentless wrestler, Vettori is not.

Sonnen:
TD Avg.: 3.81
TD Acc.: 59%

Vettori:
TD Avg.: 1.66
TD Acc.: 45%

Vettori has a much tougher strength of schedule, all respect to Brian Stan lmao.

He's also not repeatedly getting tapped out throughout his entire career. There is no debate about who the overall better grappler was, and yes Vettori beats guys like Marquardt, Stann and Okami.

Im not educating somebody in a MMA forum on why Chael Sonnen - or Okami, who btw beat Marvin's wrestling coach Muñoz - is a better wrestler than Vettori, by a long shot.
Or why he isnt a "jabrony" at BJJ, definitely not by Vettori's standards which are not Maia's.

Im not educating you neither on why a primer juiced to the gills Sonnen is a better MMA adapted wrestler with infinitely superior pressure/endurance than Yoel Romero at 43 years old.

Romero who btw has a strong stance on this Israel vs Silva comparison, opposite than yours:

I know anybody with basic knowledge of the sport take everything aforementioned for granted. They can have either stance but the arguments would not be this textbook display of sherbro memes you delivered in this thread

If you were just another white belt i would not even reply but 24,000 posts in sherdog forum are too much for such a simpleton and uneducated understanding of the sport.
Get another hobby, Joe.

These guys love to talk about how Adesanya is good against "wrestlers" using the so-so Brunson, Vettori and Romero, as the latter for instance never used wrestling much sort of Weidman fight (and when he got mad after Weidman taking him down, really started using his olympic wrestling and was taking Weidman down at will lol). They even use Gastelum as an example, a guy that was never a real MW in the first place and was one of the most difficult of Adesanya's fights, the irony. And when he fought journeyman elder Blachowicz with 38 years old, we all saw what happened. The man is so bad in the ground that he rolled to the wrong side trying to escape submissions or stand up almost every single time LOL. White belt I'm being generous to him, his ground is like -1.

Like I always said, lucky of Adesanya he doesn't have a Weidman, Hendo (the Spider unification version) or even Rockhold, who took Weidman down and always had a hell of a ground game, because if he had guys like that he wouldn't exist today. But just wait for Khamzat (if he beats Costa, of course) and the history is going to be written. There is nowhere to run, the end is near.

Back