News “Korean Zombie” wants Jose Aldo in Brazil; brushes off Jeremy Stephens

I'd love to see kz vs Ortega for the shot after volk, but what's going on with Ortega and zabit ? Is it official ? I've heard 240 but nothing I can find implicates that.

So, dislocated shoulder? I don't know if you remember the first match but Aldo was never anywhere near finishing him until his shoulder popped. Aldo was also slowing down while KZ was starting to turn up the heat. If not for the injury, Aldo might have just squeaked by with a 48-47 victory.

That's a pretty big stretch. KZ hadn't won a single round and wasn't on his way to winning either.

What I want to know is why Aldo won't take any 5 rounders.

Think about it. Why would he fight 2 extra rounds for the same pay? especially considering he has questionable cardio. I'd love it to be a 5 rounder, but I get Aldo's argument.

Weird as it sounds, I’d take moicano in a rematch

Love the zombie, awesome fighter. I think moicano is better. He came out cold and through a laughably lazy jab when you’re in the top five.... it’s too easy. Moicano is highly skilled and wouldn’t make that mistake again.
<YeahOKJen>

I'd love to see kz vs Ortega for the shot after volk, but what's going on with Ortega and zabit ? Is it official ? I've heard 240 but nothing I can find implicates that.

Pretty sure Ortega v Zabit is on 240 and has been scheduled for awhile.

So KZ right aldo probably his best matchup available.

It hasn't. Last time we had news about ortega, it was that he couldn't fight Stephens at UFC san antonio because of lingering injuries from his fight with max. UFC san antonio takes place a week before UFC 240, so I highly doubt his injuries are magically healed to fight a week later against zabit.

https://www.lowkickmma.com/brian-ortega-vs-jeremy-stephens-was-planned-for-ufc-san-antonio/

Last edited:

Love the zombie, awesome fighter. I think moicano is better. He came out cold and through a laughably lazy jab when you’re in the top five.... it’s too easy. Moicano is highly skilled and wouldn’t make that mistake again.
It happens in fighting, man.

I mean, there's this one guy who I still to this day think he can avenge his losses - he just has that kind of talent and has looked stellar in his wins and even some of his losses. He's just prone to making dubious decisions or, like in his last fight, getting caught while ahead. His name is Michael Johnson.

Let me guess, you also thought Moicano would win the first fight too. You probably thought he was more technical than KZ, right?

The boxing difference between the two is too big for Moicano to overcome in one camp. Moicano could win, but he'd have to be on his bike.

Last edited:
<evilgrin>Zombie vs Ferguson. </evilgrin>

Waaar Brazilian and Korean zombies!

But Yair got KO of the century over you not too long ago. So where does he sit on the ladder to the title?
Yair hasn't fought yet and no sign of him fighting any time soon.

KZ was also 1 second away from dominating that fight like 49-46 or 50-45 on the scorecards. It was a win for both guys essentially.

I'm assuming Yair will fight on that Mexico card in late September

Don’t you all get how awesome it is that the level of talent in this division is so high a guy like Jeremy Stephens is considered outer scraps right now. It’s as close to a proverbial meat grinder mma has seen old guard new guard.

The golden era.

Chan Sung Jung has lit a flame under this one and we’ll see what kind of division champ Holloway is. If he loses the belt in the next go there will be all out war

Korean Zombie responds to Jeremy Stephens:
<FookIsThatGuy>

Sounds fabulous, the last match was injury marred
KZ popped his shoulder and aldo broke his foot

What I want to know is why Aldo won't take any 5 rounders.

Because he’s never fighting for the belt again so what’s the point? They don’t fight for us. 3 rounds is the minimum to get paid without taking 5 rounds of damage.

KZ was gaining momentum against Aldo in the first fight and things would have gotten very interesting if he hadn't gotten injured.

KZ beats Aldo in the rematch.

Jeremy stephens still getting disrespected left and right

Lol

Lmao stephens got "who da f***ed again"

Back