“He’ll be back stronger because they stopped it and he didn’t take any unnecessary punishment”

Man he talks some shit. Proclaiming Max the best FW ever on the Mic in the cage. I agree with him. But thats his opinion. Not fact. Plenty will still argue that. Rogans opinion does not make it fact. He calls a 'Best ever' at something every month.
This comment is a once in human history post. There has never been one like it and never will we see one like it again for as long as homo sapiens exist. Fact.

Looked like an accumulation of shots. Didn’t look like he had Brian hurt at all. Ortega loves to eat shots.

Cumulative damage is what usually causes permanent brain damage and death. Google death in the ring and note the obvious pattern.

Man he talks some shit. Proclaiming Max the best FW ever on the Mic in the cage. I agree with him. But thats his opinion. Not fact. Plenty will still argue that. Rogans opinion does not make it fact. He calls a 'Best ever' at something every month.
Do people really have to add "that's just my opinion" to every stated opinion?
Does Joe ever say, "this is indisputable fact" before giving his opinions?

Do people really have to add "that's just my opinion" to every stated opinion?
Does Joe ever say, "this is indisputable fact" before giving his opinions?
Do people announce their opinions to thousands of people in an arena and tens of thousands of people watching at home? Completely different.

His job is to call the fight and add his opinions.
His job is not to announce who he believes is the greatest fighter ever inside the cage ON the Mic especially when he changes it week to week he's a fucking idiot.

Watch Perez vs Abdusalamov. Perez not known as a super hard puncher landed bunch of shots and won a decision. The corner could have easily pulled out their fighter cuz he was tired and couldn't block punches which weren't hard enough to knock him out.

This is him now, atleast he got a big settlement and received $22 mil to support his family and his medical bills.

This.
It’s not fucking dragon ball z.
I do train, boxing being my base for damn near 20 years.
I’ve seen more than my share of punchyness in vets at gyms.
It happens faster than u think in many cases.
It’s very real.

He must think "Zenkai boost" is a real thing

<DrakeLaugh>

His job is not to announce who he believes is the greatest fighter ever inside the cage ON the Mic especially when he changes it week to week he's a fucking idiot.
I think he has plenty of room to say what he thinks and hasn't been stopped from doing it for what, two decades?
Write Dana a letter

Everyone was worrying about Max brain health before this fight but Ortega was the one who got the career changer

You guys with this "he will never be the same" nonsense. Fighters take beating after beating and come back stronger.

He got a bloodied nose, and a swollen eye. You're acting like he was burned in a house fire, or broke his neck. This is fighting, you have to sustain some damage.

You're imagining your couch potato selves taking the beating, and sure, you would never be the same because you're a bunch of timid pussies who would shed tears over a broken nose.

Not true.
Case in point being Jeff Lacey many years ago, got a one sided beating from Calzaghe, he was Never the same fighter after that. And he came in as the new hope of the super middleweight devision and IBF Champ.
His corner could have stopped that fight.

UFC pays Joe to talk on that microphone for a reason. If he was to talk about how one of their bigger stars got the shit beat out of him and might have permanent damage then I think the UFC would give that microphone to someone other than Joe Rogan.

To be fair, we all have friends that do that all the time.

And we still love them.

"Every month" is actually pretty generous of you. Pretty much whenever he opens his mouth he's making tht kind of declaration.

Joe Rogan: Oooooortegaaaaaa he was like having an orgams like every time his lover threw a good punch on Holloway.

It wasn't as bad as it seemed, he was more tired than hurt outside of that eye that got closed. He was not badly concussed or anything, the 4th round was a result of Bryan Ortega experiencing an adrenaline dump after round 3 because that's where he peaked and he's used to the fight being over at that point. So, he became a zombie due to adrenaline dump and at the same time Max chose to turn it up a degree and try to finish him.

I’m sorry brother, but you are dead wrong.

I’ve been heavily involved in combat sports since ~2007. I’ve cornered fighters and 5 of my training partners have been in the UFC. One is still under contract now.

I have seen several people very close to me take life-altering beatings. They were never the same again. Right down to their speech and behaviour patterns.

I agree with another poster. Rener should have thrown in the towel halfway through the 4th.

Brian was badly, badly hurt in that fight. There can be no question that he demonstrated Omega-level toughness and heart, but that was a beating he will carry with him forever.

I don’t mean to disrespect you... but for you to say “it was worse than it looked” and “he was just tired”, makes me question if you understand what you are watching?

I was watching with another former fighter last night, and he commented “this is getting hard to watch... his corner needs to throw in the towel.” He was not talking about the violence or the spectacle... he was talking about the lopsidedness of the beating, volume of strikes landed and irrevocable damage accumulation.

At the end of the 4th we were both saying “His corner cannot let him answer that bell.”

ITT, people who have never been punched in the face saying Ortega wasn't hurt
Agreed - he was clearly hurt many times. His size, youth and heart are what saved him.

It won't happen again if somehow their is a rematch Max would finish him faster and easier.

This was a whitewash for Max - he was never in any real danger.

It will be difficult for Ortega to get his confidence back alone after a beat down like that.

Back