“He’ll be back stronger because they stopped it and he didn’t take any unnecessary punishment”

Should have been stopped way earlier. Atleast they didn't let him out for the last round. The type of punches he was eating are the punches that kill people in boxing and put them into coma.
Jesus christ no.

I hope you girls lose interest in this cage fighting.

Its cage fighting, son!

1: Fighters dont take beating after beating and come back stronger. Literally the exact opposite in 95% of cases
2: He got a bloody nose, a swollen eye, and massive brain damage
3: You’re a silly sod

This.
It’s not fucking dragon ball z.
I do train, boxing being my base for damn near 20 years.
I’ve seen more than my share of punchyness in vets at gyms.
It happens faster than u think in many cases.
It’s very real.

Again, this reminded me of Cain vs JDS (joe seems to have a short memory) These long beatings are life changers. And lets not forget Ortega was not exactly Pernell Whitaker and has taken shots before - his defences seems mostly to be having a good chin.

You guys with this "he will never be the same" nonsense. Fighters take beating after beating and come back stronger.

He got a bloodied nose, and a swollen eye. You're acting like he was burned in a house fire, or broke his neck. This is fighting, you have to sustain some damage.

You're imagining your couch potato selves taking the beating, and sure, you would never be the same because you're a bunch of timid pussies who would shed tears over a broken nose.
He took a horrendous beating, homie. Like 300 shots to the head. I have little doubt he'll get back in the cage, but he sustained massive damage in this fight, and he might not ever be the same guy afterwards. What an asinine, immature post.

Joe's a hype man an entertainer.

I come here for the real facts.

Every shot rattles the brain accumulative damage is the silent killer. His head was swollen everywhere in relatively short time plus all the bleeding and the possibly damage orbital.

He took a ton of damage to compare guarantee Edgar look less cerebral damage from Ortega than Ortega got from Max tonight.

Max is a volume puncher not a power puncher

I think Ortega let all these people hype him up and it went to his head. He got dismantled tonight.

Beatings like that turn a fighter gun shy.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ortega stands in front of a mirror naked to check he's still got everything.

You can't see your soul in a mirror Brian, and if you could, it's at Max's house now.

lmao come on Joe, I’ll be surprised if Ortega doesnt go in to a coma in the next day

Guys, Ortega's brain seemed intact. It was the bloody nose and eye injury that did him in.

Max is a volume puncher not a power puncher
I'm not sure why people keep repeating stuff like this as if it means something. You don't have to be a power puncher to cause brain damage or beat somebody into a coma. All of those "volume punches" were still causing brain damage. Some of you think this shit is a video game or something.

Who is going to beat him at 145? Ortega already beat Moicano and Aldo got knocked out twice by the same guy.

Ortega was lucky to even see the fourth but it most certainly shouldve been stopped within thr first minute of that round.

Jesus christ no.

I hope you girls lose interest in this cage fighting.

Its cage fighting, son!

Well I want cage fighters to keep cage fighting. Taking that many shots is a sure way cut your career short by ywars

lmao come on Joe, I’ll be surprised if Ortega doesnt go in to a coma in the next day

Pretty sure that dude suffered a broken orbital. (Pardons to anyone who has mentioned this.

Rogan is always full of contradictions

Man he talks some shit. Proclaiming Max the best FW ever on the Mic in the cage. I agree with him. But thats his opinion. Not fact. Plenty will still argue that. Rogans opinion does not make it fact. He calls a 'Best ever' at something every month.

It's not his opinion, Copernicus. He's some no name failed comedian/game show host midget. He said that because that's what they told him to say. Everyone knows Aldo is the greatest featherweight ever. Not up for debate

Back