“Great” movies You have NEVER seen?

THE GODFATHER
THE GODFATHER II
THE IRISHMAN
And pretty much every other Scorcese & organized crime movies set in the US. I've tried watching some of them but they bore me to tears. I'm sure they're great films but they're just not my cup of tea.

Goodfellas is a top three movie for me. The Godfather was the same for me, bored to tears. Watched it twice, one time to get in better with a girl, and wanted to expire both times.

I've been told that Forrest Gump is must see and fantastic but I've never even been tempted to watch it.

Citizen Kane. I think Welles was a legit talent and love Touch of Evil, one of the last classic era film noir movies but never really felt compelled to check out Kane. I get the vibe that it’s one of those films that’s contextually amazing but probably not that entertaining. But I wouldn’t want to judge it before I eventually give it a view.

THE GODFATHER
THE GODFATHER II
THE IRISHMAN
And pretty much every other Scorcese & organized crime movies set in the US. I've tried watching some of them but they bore me to tears. I'm sure they're great films but they're just not my cup of tea.

The Irishman is terrible.

-american me
-raging bull
-casablanca
-eyes wide shut
-magnolia
-platoon
-the revenant

Oh man Casablanca- you have to get on that. I know a lot of people who can’t get into classic Hollywood films but they think Casablanca is terrific. Great writing and entertainment value that transcends tims period I. My opinion.

Platoon and Raging Bull are must sees as well.

Revenant is very good but I don’t feel it’s one I’d recommend with the same degree of urgency.

THE GODFATHER
THE GODFATHER II
THE IRISHMAN

I love those movies but I get it man. It’s a genre that’s not appealing to everyone.

whenever I hear someone doesn’t like The Godfather though I immediately think of this lol. Amusing.

I have not seen Schindler's list, Godfather, 12 Angry Men or Pulp Fiction.

That's what I've heard from quite a few people who sat through it. Which surprised me considering its critical success.

those people are high. if you want good mob stories, check out Michael Franzese's youtube clips. I like his reviews of mob movies.

I love those movies but I get it man. It’s a genre that’s not appealing to everyone.

whenever I hear someone doesn’t like The Godfather though I immediately think of this lol. Amusing.

<45>

Yeah, it's just not a genre that interests me at all. I just wish more people were as cool about it as you. Some folks get bent out of shape when they hear that I don't like those films. LOL.

I've never seen:

Citizen Kane
Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon
Metropolis
Cleopatra
Ben Hur
Lawrence of Arabia

....and many, many more. In fact, I've pretty much made a deal with myself that I'm going to start focusing on older movies and watching as many as I can (pre-2010). Because that's where all the good movies are. Movies nowadays, and Hollywood in general, has really gone to shit. Like really, really shit. Every so often a good modern movie comes out, but it's not like it used to be. It's sparse anymore.

Suicide Squad
Kill Bill’s
Inglorious Bastards
There Will Be Blood
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Didn’t watch Godfather til my early 20’s, the first two were a different style of cinema than I grew up on, I get why the youngens didn’t give it a chance. Epic cinema, but not action packed like we’re used to. Story telling used to be a thing.

That's what I've heard from quite a few people who sat through it. Which surprised me considering its critical success.
The fuck is La La Land?
It's customary slang for being out of touch with reality.
https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/lalaland/

It's mental asylum "territory".
Critics are the occupants of the La La Land.
Why is their opinion influencing yours?

Critics are a bunch of self-righteous, self-aggrandizing, self-involved homos who can't even wipe their own butts.

Those who can't create become critics.
In other words, all those who couldn't make it as some couch-casted c-girl or d-boy become critics.

Back