“Domestic Gender Equality”

Langstarr

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Found out about this one recently courtesy of my wife. It got me thinking so I googled it, and I was not surprised. For anyone that isn’t privy, domestic gender equality is basically urging men to do more “typical women tasks” around the house in order to bring more of an even playing field.

I’m writing this post because I’m interested to hear about other households and the sharing of duties between husbands and wives. I personally do several of the “typical women tasks,” but I don’t think most women (including my wife) are too keen to get their hands dirty and do a lot of the “typical men tasks.”

Granted, a lot of the “typical women tasks” are more voluminous and frequent, for example: dishes and laundry, as opposed to lawn care or vehicle maintenance.

So I’m curious, how many wives out there are willing to do some of the dirty work that men do, and how many husbands out there are willing to do some of the more typical feminine duties?

I would have to know the full task list, but I'd say in my household we both do tasks on ether side. I do vacuuming on occasion and dusting on top of fixing stuff. She won't let me touch the laundry or dish washer becuase I apprantly "fuck it up".

If I'm not home (which is fairly often) she'll pretty much do it all anyways.

How about you both contribute where the work needs to be done and find joy in the mutual support and relationship and not keep a scoresheet so that one of you doesn't accidentally do more than the other.

It's easy to see that this self focused world is imploding. Selfishness has no place in a marriage.

No offense but there's no way the "typical male tasks" take up as much time as daily maintenance tasks like cooking, laundry, cleaning, dish washing, taking care of screaming young kids and infants. You're never going to win the argument with an angle of "time spent" since pretty much every study confirms that women spend far more time doing house chores. The only argument that could make sense is that maybe this balance is OK since the man makes up for it with more earning potential and potentially prefers to be at work rather than taking care of children, and the woman potentially prefers taking care of children than being at work. Personally I would never take child care tasks over going to work; sounds like hell.

I wasn’t sure where to put it. Doesn’t matter to me.

Can't tell whether you want relationship discussion or political discussion.
If you just want to moan about how now that women work the end is nigh, you're in the right place.
Otherwise I'll move it to Mayberry.

How about you both contribute where the work needs to be done and find joy in the mutual support and relationship and not keep a scoresheet so that one of you doesn't accidentally do more than the other.

It's easy to see that this self focused world is imploding. Selfishness has no place in a marriage.
I hear ya. I accept that my wife isn’t willing to do a lot of the things I do around the house. This post wasn’t for the purpose of complaining or keeping score, I’m really just interested in how others distribute the tasks. I’m curious if any wives out there are willing to get dirty and sweaty, and conversely how many men out there are not willing to do a lot of the female stuff. Not sure how that makes me selfish

Can't tell whether you want relationship discussion or political discussion.
If you just want to moan about how now that women work the end is nigh, you're in the right place.
Otherwise I'll move it to Mayberry.
That’s not quite what I had in mind, but I guess the Mayberry is fine doesn’t matter to me

I think we are pretty even in my house.

Whoever cooks dinner, the other does the dishes. The kids set the table.

Whoever cuts the front and side lawn, the other cuts the back. I weedwack/edge, she sweeps and blows the clippings/debris.

I clean the downstairs bathroom, she cleans the upstairs.

Kids take care of the trash and recyclingin.

Everyone does their own laundry, including the kids.

Etc., etc.

I do most of the cooking and looking after kids and my wife does most of cleaning and organising finances. Im happy with this because i hate cleaning and organising expenses and i enjoy time with kids

The last 3 relationship I was In, I did everything.
Cook, clean, groceries.

This new Thot's generation kinda suck.

Found out about this one recently courtesy of my wife. It got me thinking so I googled it, and I was not surprised. For anyone that isn’t privy, domestic gender equality is basically urging men to do more “typical women tasks” around the house in order to bring more of an even playing field.

I’m writing this post because I’m interested to hear about other households and the sharing of duties between husbands and wives. I personally do several of the “typical women tasks,” but I don’t think most women (including my wife) are too keen to get their hands dirty and do a lot of the “typical men tasks.”

Granted, a lot of the “typical women tasks” are more voluminous and frequent, for example: dishes and laundry, as opposed to lawn care or vehicle maintenance.

So I’m curious, how many wives out there are willing to do some of the dirty work that men do, and how many husbands out there are willing to do some of the more typical feminine duties?

You are posing this question as if the workload was equal to being with. I do my own laundry, she does hers and our son. We basically share dishes and cooking. She’ll do the lawn every so often. Our friends who want a more 1950’s America would prefer everything inside that revolves around cleaning/cooking to be the woman’s chore.

We may be atypical but sharing tasks comes naturally. There's only the two of us and we both work so we just both do whatever needs doing as time allows, with certain exceptions allowing for specialized skills (in relative terms). The missus is an excellent cook so she does most of it and with it the grocery shopping, I lift the heavy things, reach the high places, most of the handy man shit, and then after that it's whomever gets to it, laundry, cleaning, whatever.

You help each other because you're a team. I think if you don't take your partner for granted it won't even be a thing worth discussing.

My wife has no interest in grilling, cutting rass, or cleaning the snow so we're good.

I'd have no problem doing more 'women's work' if wife wanted to switch it up.

We both worked full time, so we both shared the domestic tasks.

Eh...my wife is the handyman in our house, I'm just really the muscle.

I pretty much take care of the kitchen, kids have their part in that but I'm the foreman.

I keep the garage clean and she keeps filling it with shit that we will give to good will (eventually)

She does most of the clothes washing while I do all the folding. That's my Netflix and chill.

I do certain bathrooms and she does the litter boxes.

Pretty even I'd say

There are people that still wash dishes? Fuck, I couldn't imagine not having a dish washer.

Also, I'd never let anyone do my laundry.

Back