‘Rust’ Prosecutor Rips Defense Witness for Allegedly Pointing Gun Towards Judge

Didn’t the defense lawyer in the Alex Murdaugh trial point a gun at the prosecutor like a year ago?

Damn.: I want to punch that woman. IDK if she was right or not.

Being serious for a moment if I may......On this 'Rust' accident case... I would just like to say good that Hannah Gutierrez-Reed got convicted of Involuntary Manslaughter.
It was her SPECIFIC job to ensure on-set safety regarding any and all fire-arms and ammunition on-set and she demonstrably utterly failed in her job and correctly got convicted. None of which does anything to bring back the victim, but at least this person Reed was found guilty.

I do not believe that Alec Baldwin should get convicted of anything. But he'll have a separate trial and we'll see. I think any CIVIL litigation out of this whole sad case will likely happen because Alec Baldwin is rather wealthy and so people will go after his money.

I think it'd be correct to see Baldwin not convicted of anything and no civil trials but....it is what it is.

This shows that the people who are responsible for gun safety can get careless and not check to see if a gun is loaded.

Making a movie or a television show requires that firearms be handled contrary to many common safety practices. Guns are pointed at people and cameras to capture the drama that the person in the scene sees. This is the reason that experts are hired to handle the firearms to assure that they are safe to use in the production. It would be much better to have firearms that cannot be fired rather than trusting that the ammunition being used isn't live. For a revolver, it would be easy to replace the cylinder that holds the ammunition with one that no ammunition can fit in. The gun can be modified so there isn't a firing pin to set off the primer.

Often they want the gun to fire to hear the sound and see the smoke so blanks are used. These are still dangerous at close range as Jon-Erix Hexum found out.

I think any CIVIL litigation out of this whole sad case will likely happen because Alec Baldwin is rather wealthy and so people will go after his money.
Baldwin already has a settlement in place with Hutchins' family (parents and sister), widower and son. The problem is that he should have paid 9 months ago.

Being serious for a moment if I may......On this 'Rust' accident case... I would just like to say good that Hannah Gutierrez-Reed got convicted of Involuntary Manslaughter.
It was her SPECIFIC job to ensure on-set safety regarding any and all fire-arms and ammunition on-set and she demonstrably utterly failed in her job and correctly got convicted. None of which does anything to bring back the victim, but at least this person Reed was found guilty.

I do not believe that Alec Baldwin should get convicted of anything. But he'll have a separate trial and we'll see. I think any CIVIL litigation out of this whole sad case will likely happen because Alec Baldwin is rather wealthy and so people will go after his money.

I think it'd be correct to see Baldwin not convicted of anything and no civil trials but....it is what it is.

I agree. They keep on saying that each person down the line should check the gun but they hire an armorer to be the expert. If the gun was empty when she handed it over, more handling than necessary could provide an opportunity for ammunition to be inserted. If anything, have two armorers to check each others work.

Often they want the gun to fire to hear the sound and see the smoke so blanks are used. These are still dangerous at close range as Jon-Erix Hexum found out.
Yes exactly, Hexum was killed by a blank round (gunpowder etc but no metal bullet). The gunpowder and wadding can still kill you at close range and I believe he pointed it at his own head and deliberately pulled the trigger, and assumed the blank round wouldnt harm him. Possible candidate for the Darwin awards.
If you're gonna play with guns or work with guns it's self-responsibility to educate yourself as much as possible on what they can do, and can't do, and that even rounds with no metal projectile can still be lethal.

I read recently that Rust is still in production and is going to be released. I guess the financing studio insisted. My guess is....tragically....it might be heavily viewed due to it's notoriety since the firearm incident.

Back