‘Predator’ Actor Sonny Landham Dies at 76

I feel like I contributed to his death because I posted a damn pic of him Arnold and Whitaker in that post apoc thread the other day. I've been thinking about this all day. Predator is one of my all time fav movies

No fcking way.Me too,last week,in JackHJun.thread about Predator movie,and yesterday in Apoc.thread...One of my fav movies.Sad!

When I was young I remember this scene as the most badass way to die a man could have, like he even cuts himself to show no fear.

Now that I am older and can understand better human ego I actually think it was kinda coward what he did. By this point in the movie I think it was VERY CLEAR to everybody that they were dealing with an unnatural being way more powerful than any of them. What, do you REALLY think Billy thought he was going to "batlle" this unnatural being with a "machete"??? yeah right.. no basically Billy is killing himself, he is just giving in to his panic and telling the monster "just kill me already because I cant handle this anymore" he gave up, offered no more resistance just wanted to be killed... sorry thats not really heroic, if anything is kinda coward because there were still people he could have defended and saved from the monster (like Arnie did)

So yeah you can say it looks all the cool you want and makes for a good movie scene, it cheats the viewer into thinking Billy was being all macho, but if you truly analize the behavior and motivation of the character it was kinda coward what he did.

In case you want to say "he was making time for the others to escape" nope...yeah right by this point in the movie it was clear too that the predator could kill anybody with the move of a finger (literally) he just stood there to be killed
You start off talking about what you thought the scene meant when you were young, then change to what you think it means now, and then change into what you think i think it means as if i said anything. It's just a mess.

RIP. He was a wild man, but he was great in Lock Up.

When I was young I remember this scene as the most badass way to die a man could have, like he even cuts himself to show no fear.

Now that I am older and can understand better human ego I actually think it was kinda coward what he did. By this point in the movie I think it was VERY CLEAR to everybody that they were dealing with an unnatural being way more powerful than any of them. What, do you REALLY think Billy thought he was going to "batlle" this unnatural being with a "machete"??? yeah right.. no basically Billy is killing himself, he is just giving in to his panic and telling the monster "just kill me already because I cant handle this anymore" he gave up, offered no more resistance just wanted to be killed... sorry thats not really heroic, if anything is kinda coward because there were still people he could have defended and saved from the monster (like Arnie did)

So yeah you can say it looks all the cool you want and makes for a good movie scene, it cheats the viewer into thinking Billy was being all macho, but if you truly analize the behavior and motivation of the character it was kinda coward what he did.

In case you want to say "he was making time for the others to escape" nope...yeah right by this point in the movie it was clear too that the predator could kill anybody with the move of a finger (literally) he just stood there to be killed

I always took it to be him simply accepting his fate, but going out swinging.

To me, cowardly would be him shooting himself in his own head until it exploded, or something similar.

Also, Billy laughs at your opinions.

uMAFRQ.gif

Last edited:
At least he died before seeing the new Predator movie with Olivia Munn, the guy from Key & Peele, and the little gay kid from the abduction shed movie.

Knowing that exists might actually be the cause of his death.

He played one of the most memorable characters from one of the greatest movies ever made. RIP, Sonny Landham !

Boys I am not going to lie to you....this made me cry for a few minutes

RIP Sonny. You were a total badass

If you're a man who didn't get hit in the feels hearing this, you're not a man. RIP, Sonny.

You misunderstand imo.

Billy knows he's gonna die, he thinks maybe he can slow it down and that's why he chooses a choke point to offer up his resistance.

He decides to face fear, to go out staring death in the face.

Itis a warriors death, not scurrying like a rat but standing tall.

damn, RIP, this is one of my all time favourite movies, its a shame we never saw Billy go face to face with the hunter

When i was 19 i worked at a moving company. One of the jobs i was on was his home . He was a cool dude

And then even if he wasn't "cool" he would kill you.. So you know, i guess he was just a cool dude.

I hope I look as good as he did in Predator in 10 years. Also, anybody know what the controversial things he said were that got him booted out of politics?

Rip

Predatory is one of my kiddie favorites!

I hope I look as good as he did in Predator in 10 years. Also, anybody know what the controversial things he said were that got him booted out of politics?

Some pretty strong anti-Arab sentiments.

Off to do battle with the great Predator in the sky..

tenor.gif

RIP bud

Back