‘Predator’ Actor Sonny Landham Dies at 76

There was a scene in this movie where they're meditating in a sweat lodge.

Eric Roberts' character says "I gotta get outta here man.."

Sonny Landham's line is.. "Brakus would stay... Even if it meant dying."

GOAT line.

R.I.P.

He was also in a totally cool episode of Miami Vice. He made his mark on the 80's, that's for sure.

Last edited:
RIP. Predator is the GOAT movie. Always wondered why they kept bodyguards on set to protect the others from him.

Damn that's sad:(. I'll have to watch Predator in honor this
weekend.

RIP Billy.

For some reason I thought he passed about 5 years ago.

Did you get to chat him up about anything?
it was in a town around ashland ky. He was running or just ran for office or something. He talked about that a bit people mostly wanted to know about predator .he showed a couple pics and a hat that he wore in the movie. I didn't personally have much conversation with him but he was a pretty cool dude . A couple of the guys I worked with spent a lot of time with him over the years so he was pretty comfortable around them and would joke around a lot.

RIP.

Dude was so crazy that during the filming of Predator, they hired a bodyguard...to stop Landham from fighting the other actors!:eek::cool:

Damn, that's tough to hear.
predator-billy-o.gif
When I was young I remember this scene as the most badass way to die a man could have, like he even cuts himself to show no fear.

Now that I am older and can understand better human ego I actually think it was kinda coward what he did. By this point in the movie I think it was VERY CLEAR to everybody that they were dealing with an unnatural being way more powerful than any of them. What, do you REALLY think Billy thought he was going to "batlle" this unnatural being with a "machete"??? yeah right.. no basically Billy is killing himself, he is just giving in to his panic and telling the monster "just kill me already because I cant handle this anymore" he gave up, offered no more resistance just wanted to be killed... sorry thats not really heroic, if anything is kinda coward because there were still people he could have defended and saved from the monster (like Arnie did)

So yeah you can say it looks all the cool you want and makes for a good movie scene, it cheats the viewer into thinking Billy was being all macho, but if you truly analize the behavior and motivation of the character it was kinda coward what he did.

In case you want to say "he was making time for the others to escape" nope...yeah right by this point in the movie it was clear too that the predator could kill anybody with the move of a finger (literally) he just stood there to be killed

Let's just say I've got a theory about Hawkins' girlfriend and her big pussy ...

I legit spit out some of my Bushmills. Now its a party.

I feel like I contributed to his death because I posted a damn pic of him Arnold and Whitaker in that post apoc thread the other day. I've been thinking about this all day. Predator is one of my all time fav movies

When I was young I remember this scene as the most badass way to die a man could have, like he even cuts himself to show no fear.

Now that I am older and can understand better human ego I actually think it was kinda coward what he did. By this point in the movie I think it was VERY CLEAR to everybody that they were dealing with an unnatural being way more powerful than any of them. What, do you REALLY think Billy thought he was going to "batlle" this unnatural being with a "machete"??? yeah right.. no basically Billy is killing himself, he is just giving in to his panic and telling the monster "just kill me already because I cant handle this anymore" he gave up, offered no more resistance just wanted to be killed... sorry thats not really heroic, if anything is kinda coward because there were still people he could have defended and saved from the monster (like Arnie did)

So yeah you can say it looks all the cool you want and makes for a good movie scene, it cheats the viewer into thinking Billy was being all macho, but if you truly analize the behavior and motivation of the character it was kinda coward what he did.

In case you want to say "he was making time for the others to escape" nope...yeah right by this point in the movie it was clear too that the predator could kill anybody with the move of a finger (literally) he just stood there to be killed

Dude, your reading to much into it...I know because I often do, it's just a cool movie scene...RIP ...

damn, who's gonna be next? rip sonny.

Back