• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News ‘Jacare’ Souza Released From UFC Contract After Submission Loss at UFC 262

Wait all these days later and people still think Jacre was released? He fought out his contract. That was the last fight on his contract and that is why he is no longer on the roster. Fighting out your contract does not always end well. That is a risk every fighter has to decided if they will take.

Source for contract info
https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...longer-ufc-roster-broken-arm-loss-andre-muniz
"It turns out that it was the final fight on Souza's UFC contract, and he is now a free agent."

Have mixed feelings about this. I mean - you mind as well do it now . Jacare signed his UFC contracts quickly and never got his shot ....which is crazy .When he first came over , me thinks he was using but he looked incredible and yoel fight was a coin flip. He never even got a stand by / injury call.

* he was the 3rd fighter that bisping declined to fight before the unranked Henderson beat a welter and was " given " the #15 spot ( dont bring up Whitaker, he came later on in middle timeline).

It's a cruel sport and almost none of these guys go out in the way you would hope for them.

What is the UFC supposed to do? He is 41 years old, on a 4 fight losing streak and has lost 5/6. And he isn't on a cheap contract. You could perhaps yell at Dana for Overeem type cuts but this one is more than justified.

Honestly, I didn’t know he was still fighting..

He had a good run when much younger, time to hang them up or go onto a lower org where you can hang.

Back