‘Climate Change’ Is No More Credible than Magic Says Top Physicist

Reminds me of Jordan Peterson not getting support for his extremely simple and common sense views By the other faculty. College proffessor s are cuck bitches most the time.

Ah, so Lindzen is credible because he's a Physicist who taught at MIT, but his colleagues aren't credible because they're Climate Scientists who teach/taught at MIT?

I'm just gonna sit on this for a sec and let you figure out why that juxtaposition makes no damn sense. I'm seeing 3 big red flags right off the jump. Do you?

Ah, so Lindzen is credible because he's a Physicist who taught at MIT, but his colleagues aren't credible because they're Climate Scientists who teach/taught at MIT?

I'm just gonna sit on this for a sec and let you figure out why that juxtaposition makes no damn sense. I'm seeing 3 big red flags right off the jump. Do you?

I dont know if he's credible or not. But college proffessors are usually cuck bitches. They are cowardly fools. Paterson got no support from the other proffessors or the University. Universities cant be trusted to give accurate information on anything political. Theyve proven this time and time again.

I dont know if he's credible or not. But college proffessors are usually cuck bitches. They are cowardly fools. Paterson got no support from the other proffessors or the University. Universities cant be trusted to give accurate information on anything political. Theyve proven this time and time again.

So you're hoping to disprove climate change by quoting a professor while also decrying "universities" as not being able to be trusted?

Ok, just gonna sit on this for a minute and figure out what the hell happened to logic, because son, that don't make no damn sense.

if the scientists can be bought, do you think fossil fuel companies are just sitting on their hands? they have too much integrity to try to buy the science in their favor lol? you realize theyre arguably the most powerful companies on earth right? i guess theyre just too honest to spend that on propaganda, though. they can be trusted.
Obviously. I mean, the former CEO of Exxon is our Secretary of State now. Of course they're trustworthy!

Member when Lindzen's own colleagues at MIT said he was full of shit?

I member.

http://climate-science.mit.edu/news...y-working-on-climate-write-to-president-trump

nT6ygg0.png
giphy.gif

...Guess this guy doesn't have enough feels for those poor polar bears. He should be protested. Better get on that Antifa, chop chop. Fascist weather denier obviously calling for a beat down.
I was on the fence. But now I'm not. Fuck CC or GW or whatever it's called.

In before someone quotes bill nye the mechanical engineer guy.

How about the American Meteorological Society

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

"It is clear from extensive scientific evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide (CO2), chlorofluorocarbons, methane, and nitrous oxide." (2012)

Guys..... This is the same guy who said that the link between smoking and lung cancer was weak. He was practically booted out of MIT and his colleagues all disagree with him.

"But, he explains, it’s just a trick created by pretending that all the scientists who agree that humans make a contribution to global warming (ie almost everyone) also agree with the alarmist theory that global warming is catastrophic, unprecedented and within man’s control. Which simply isn’t the case."

That sums it up pretty well.

I've encountered few actual humans in reality who "deny" climate change is occurring or that humans affect the environment. That strawman is pumped up to keep it hot in the political venue. Anyone who scoffs at the most extreme interpretations is accused of "denying" the phenomenon in its entirety, especially on social media.

However I've met innumerable soccer moms and liberal coeds who think climate change refers to catastrophic events within the next 10 years that we can avoid via hemp clothing. "Science" to them is a small church where all of the "official Scientists" meet once a week to issue a decree, and if Teenchick Magazine alluded to the atmosphere raining fire by 2020 then that's what Science (capitalized) has decreed.

Don't argue with them. They are conditioned to think that anyone correcting them is a "climate change denier".

Smoothly AGREE with them and link them to mainstream, non-controversial, EU/UN-backed studies on climate change -- casually point out to them how interesting it is that many of these events are projected to take place 1,000 years from now, that we merely hold the power to accelerate or decelerate the inevitable process, and that the outcomes will be a mixture of beneficial and detrimental depending on region.

Last edited:
Guys..... This is the same guy who said that the link between smoking and lung cancer was weak. He was practically booted out of MIT and his colleagues all disagree with him.

Bahahaha that's right! from Wiki:

In a 2001 profile in Newsweek, journalist Fred Guterl wrote that Lindzen "clearly relishes the role of naysayer. He'll even expound on how weakly lung cancer is linked to cigarette smoking."[13]James Hansen recalls meeting Lindzen whilst testifying before the Vice President's Climate Task Force: "I considered asking Lindzen if he still believed there was no connection between smoking and lung cancer. He had been a witness for tobacco companies decades earlier, questioning the reliability of statistical connections between smoking and health problems. But I decided that would be too confrontational. When I met him at a later conference, I did ask that question, and was surprised by his response: He began rattling off all the problems with the data relating smoking to health problems, which was closely analogous to his views of climate data."

@Teppodama This thread is gold!

anti global warming poster:
All climate change scientists are bought!

Also anti global warming poster:
Fossil Fuel companies would never buy a climate change scientist!

Member when Lindzen's own colleagues at MIT said he was full of shit?

I member.

http://climate-science.mit.edu/news...y-working-on-climate-write-to-president-trump

nT6ygg0.png

Did you know this guy is the co-founder of Green peace?

I don't think it is enough to say he is wrong, I think it requires an explanation of where he is wrong, and why.

My biggest problem with the idea of MMCC is the models. It is alarmist BS. I believe MMCC is real. I believe the rate of change is highly concerning. I also believe those models are worth the Charmin Extra Soft I wipe my ass with.

MODELS ARE NOT SCIENCE!

i dont mind "green environmental regulation" if

1-they define how much it will cost and what effect it will have

2-it is not overly restrictive where we neuter american businesses so that they lose their competitiveness against foreign businesses who will not be regulated. which means that there would be MORE manufacturing done with 0 regulation (since the manufacturing that would otherwise be done in the US, will be done by china)

i am just very skeptical due to the industry around "climate change research" where rich people own """"research institutes""" or similar businesses, then want to tax billions of dollars so they can "do more research" where the scientists they employ "prove" that we need to give them more money.

I'm cool with "we need X amount of money to plant Y amount of seaweed/kelp farms that will reduce Z amount of carbon in the atmosphere" or "we need X amount of money to open Y amount of nuclear plants to reduce emissions by Z percent"

I'm not cool with "give us billions in carbon credits, or the ice caps will be gone. if you dont give it to us, you must hate polar bears"

This is also the guy that smoking is only weakly linked to lung cancer.

And is also on the dole for a coal company.

...Guess this guy doesn't have enough feels for those poor polar bears. He should be protested. Better get on that Antifa, chop chop. Fascist weather denier obviously calling for a beat down.

So we're supposed to make a pretend a physicist is an expert on climate now?

Hey, I don't blame the guy, I've got bills too.

I looked him up and I quickly found that his motivations were as predictable as possible: https://www.theguardian.com/environ...rgy-coal-mining-climate-change-denial-funding
I can also see he claims that there is only a weak link between smoking and lung cancer. What a formidable scientist.

They made fun of Galileo, and he was right.
They make fun of me, therefore I am right.

But yeah, now science deniers have found a unicorn. An actual phsycisist who denies the scientific consensus on global warming. Hallelujah. Let's take his word as gospel, because it fits with our ignorant worldview.

Or not: https://skepticalscience.com/skeptic_Richard_Lindzen.htm

So we're supposed to make a pretend a physicist is an expert on climate now?
It's called stirring the pot RP and makes for entertaining reading as people post back and forth in their various rustlement.

Back