Zookeeper Gabe's Animal Thread V7.0

Dumbo's are one of my favorite ocean creatures.

Baby killdeer are cute as heck in person. They look like a cotton ball with legs
KillDeer007_JC.jpg

Killdeer, such a "scary" name for such a fluff-ball, eh?

Any updates?

I'm headed to WV this weekend to pick up this gorgeous girl.

This first picture is photoshopped, just an FYI. The original is Sir David riding the Komodo.

Edit. I hate imgur

This first picture is photoshopped, just an FYI. The original is Sir David riding the Komodo.

Edit. I hate imgur

Nice! What do you guys plan on feeding him and do they eat a lot?

They eat a variety of whole prey items, currently she's eating mice, rats and small bunnies. The bunnies they have been removing the intestines and stomach because they just make a mess.

I'm literally so fucking stoked because ever since I realized dinosaurs weren't around anymore Komodos have been my favorite (tied) animal.

Edit. I hate imgur

embed as image, not media and use the direct image url instead of the page url. like so,
9A8jURCl.jpg

oax0H71.jpg

Many thanks @bad seed

This is another picture of her, she's still pretty small. So I'm really excited to be working with her

She's 5yo and a little feisty but not too bad, they do go in with her but only with two ppl. I think part of it is because she's housed with her sister and they have had some issues. I'll be interested to see if she calms down being on her own

Saved a big ol house centipede today, cleaning some spider web off his antenna
8DCUEjJ.jpg

Its body is what, 1.25-1.5"? I didn't realize they could get that big in New England. All the ones I've seen in NH were only about half that size.

This is about the biggest I have seen them and it was closer to 2". But either way an impressive critter and hard to get it to stay still to photograph (almost went up my hoodie sleeve lol).

Giant clam breeding. The videos long so I time stamped where they show the facilities.

Last edited:
Back