Yushin Okami returns to WW for his next UFC fight

When you're grappling a bigger opponent you NEVER let them on top. That's rule number 1. I'm not even reading the rest of your "expert analysis."

Royce made a career out of pulling guard on much much larger men.

Maybe he would have done better if you trained him instead??

lol...that's the most stupid rule I have ever read. Did you learn it with all those ADCC champs you grappled with?
The flaw in that rule, is that if you are facing a much bigger guy who can wrestle, he will be the one negating you the top position, retard. So you better have a gamplan to be on your back. That's what Okami tried, to surprise OSP and reverse him, as he knew he was not taking OSP down from the clinch. He failed, it's normal
Thanks for your deep analysis and bright rules though

I agree with everything you wrote except I would have put

"Is Normal" instead of "its normal " just to add some lulz

Royce made a career out of pulling guard on much much larger men.

Maybe he would have done better if you trained him instead??
Oh ... Okami is a BJJ blackbelt now? Is he Maia, Werdum, Leites, fuck, Ryan Hall? Lmao. Give it a rest. Also, you are a shit poster not arguing with you.

Damn there are mad weaboos up in this bitch white knighting Okami. Lol

I don't expect much from Okami, he'll be cut again in 3 fights.

And he'll probably go back to 185 in his final fight.

wow. Is there any other case in recent history where a fighter moves two weight classes at a time?? It's a 35 lbs difference lol.

Okami is an old-school warrior, but he was outclassed here. Too much of a beast for him. I mean look at the legs. Two legs of Okami dont make for one of OSP lol

@Lord Toranaga He was just trying to work his gameplan of pulling guard so he could “elevate” a guy with 20+ lbs on him to utilize his Maia level ground game! And he was simply trying to bait him into the von flue choke. All part of the gameplan.. Fucking idiots.

Okami's game plan was clear: to pull guard and from there tried to elevate OSP and reverse, which Yushin actually does great and did plenty of times on 185lbers and 170lbers....soon it was obvious that OSP was just too much of an animal for Yushin, with more than 20+ pounds on him and also good experience and top control of his own.
It may be true that once Yushin realized it was too much for him, he was lost, I dont know if he panic and made a stupid mistake or just looked for a way out. Anyways, OSP is the best Von Flue artist in UFC ever and his size and weight preveiled

So when your grappling a larger opponent you just pull guard and let him smash you? Lmao. Ok bud. Hope that works out for you.

Okami's gameplan was to shoot for the single leg right away Kazushi Sakuraba style...

But, Okami is not stupid, and he knew there was a very slim chance it wasn't gonna be stopped, so inmediately looked to pull half guard (Dan Hardy also said it looked as part of a game plan) and right after elevated OSP trying to reverse him, but it didnt worked.

So pulling guard may not have been Okami's game plan...but it wasn't far from it, let's say it was a plan B that Okami knew there was a 95% chance he was gonna need to rely on

Is that what you saw? A samurai warrior? I saw a guy who didn't do any home work and allowed OSP to get his 3rd Von Flue choke in like one minute. But yeah, let's all get pumped and excited for motherfucking Yushin Okami. Gee I can't wait to watch him fight again he used to be one of the most exciting fighters on the roster. Wow I just can't wait.

I love reading all the legendary stories about samurai doing their homework. Epic stuff.
I don't care too much for the stories about samurai fighting a larger, more dangerous opponent on a whim to hopefully save the day.

Okami's gameplan was to shoot for the single leg right away Kazushi Sakuraba style...

But, Okami is not stupid, and he knew there was a very slim chance it wasn't gonna be stopped, so inmediately looked to pull half guard (Dan Hardy also said it looked as part of a game plan) and right after elevated OSP trying to reverse him, but it didnt worked.

So pulling guard may not have been Okami's game plan...but it wasn't far from it, let's say it was a plan B that Okami knew there was a 95% chance he was gonna need to rely on
I wouldn't be surprised if Sonnen gave him that advice though, which would worry me if I was Okami given how Chael usually loses his fights. I guess his backup plan of clinching OSP was gone once he was on his back.

Yushing Okami is mediocre. Folds like origami. Another token asian guy with a slight recognition they can put on an international event.

OSP fanboys are most butthurt that Okami's next fight at WW will have more viewers than anything OSP does. OSP's claim to fame is that dadbod JJ was a horrible fight.

I don't a see a problem with worked fights where the favorite wins.

Not many men can be next to Chael Sonnen and still look relatively handsome.

d5570f7e1094034e57b0a468ef33f971.jpg

Reminds me of Mousasi fans. "Weidman sucks. Mousasi is goat because he beat former champ Weidman."

surprised they extended him, figured that would be a one-and-done.

Is that what you saw? A samurai warrior? I saw a guy who didn't do any home work and allowed OSP to get his 3rd Von Flue choke in like one minute. But yeah, let's all get pumped and excited for motherfucking Yushin Okami. Gee I can't wait to watch him fight again he used to be one of the most exciting fighters on the roster. Wow I just can't wait.

No more roids bro

surprised they extended him, figured that would be a one-and-done.
Okami will get at least 1 fight on a full camp at his normal weight class. The UFC has been giving short notice debuting or returning fighters that guarantee for awhile now.

Back