Yushin Okami returns to WW for his next UFC fight

I love reading all the legendary stories about samurai doing their homework. Epic stuff.
I don't care too much for the stories about samurai fighting a larger, more dangerous opponent on a whim to hopefully save the day.
Why, those are the best stories. Go watch Seven Samurai bruh. It will change you.

Why does he want to make himself look like a Holocaust victim?

wow, he's going to be cutting a massive amount of weight right guys?

WW? Lol he's a mw that just fought at lhw???

Yushing Okami is mediocre. Folds like origami. Another token asian guy with a slight recognition they can put on an international event.

Except he is not. You only saw him fold against top 10 MW/LHWs, who would outclass most 170lbers as well.

Okami is in a 4 fight winning streak at WW, and is still a tough challenge for up and comers as Usman, Perry or Oliveira who are now UFC ranked WWs. The toughest challenge in their careers so far actually.
I also think Yushin has always been, and still is, a more well rounded fighter than Dong Hyun Kim,talking about token asian guys, who is also ranked in UFC and has been for long time

Except he is not. You only saw him fold against top 10 MW/LHWs, who would outclass most 170lbers as well.

Okami is in a 4 fight winning streak at WW, and is still a tough challenge for up and comers as Usman, Perry or Oliveira who are now UFC ranked WWs. The toughest challenge in their careers so far actually.
I also think Yushin has always been, and still is, a more well rounded fighter than Dong Hyun Kim,talking about token asian guys, who is also ranked in UFC and has been for long time
I don't know about that. I've kept up with okami and been supportive of him throughout his career. I say hes mediocre now after seen his past ten fights and even then he has been tentative against the fighters he shouldn't be. Lombard was a good win on paper but we all lost watching that fight. Against osp he was so urgent to grapple but that just didn't make any sense. It just seems like hes too timid to win. And his 4 fight win streak before the osp bout is not something to get excited about.

Okami will get at least 1 fight on a full camp at his normal weight class. The UFC has been giving short notice debuting or returning fighters that guarantee for awhile now.
makes sense

The OSP fight was stupid and dangerous, and likely couldn't be sanctioned anywhere with a legitimate commission.

We are all very lucky he just got submitted quickly. This is how people get hurt.

He must have Anthony Johnson genetics

Give him Tim boetchs again at middle weight.
That was a sweet fight

He should just go back to MW. I think WW is too much cutting for him.

It's sad he had to lose like that in Japan, they just sent him in for the kill, hope he got a decent fucking paycheck out of it lol.
And he looked small compared to back when he fought Anderson Silva.

I don't know about that. I've kept up with okami and been supportive of him throughout his career. I say hes mediocre now after seen his past ten fights and even then he has been tentative against the fighters he shouldn't be. Lombard was a good win on paper but we all lost watching that fight. Against osp he was so urgent to grapple but that just didn't make any sense. It just seems like hes too timid to win. And his 4 fight win streak before the osp bout is not something to get excited about.

I dont see it that way
Okami's record doesnt look impressive lately, but I think he has looked better than mediocre in his recent fights at 170. More fluid and dynamic than ever with strikes and takedowns, with less bulk on his frame, finishing strong in last rounds.

15 lbs make a difference. Branch was a legit LHW champion in WSOF and a huge MW. You should expect most WWs to look mediocre against that guy. Yushin gave him four contested rounds by the way, its not like the top ten MW put him away easy.

Let's see how Yushin does against a legit WW in UFC. I think he still upset many people

I dont see it that way
Okami's record doesnt look impressive lately, but I think he has looked better than mediocre in his recent fights at 170. More fluid and dynamic than ever with strikes and takedowns, with less bulk on his frame, finishing strong in last rounds.

15 lbs make a difference. Branch was a legit LHW champion in WSOF and a huge MW. You should expect most WWs to look mediocre against that guy. Yushin gave him four contested rounds by the way, its not like the top ten MW put him away easy.

Let's see how Yushin does against a legit WW in UFC. I think he still upset many people
I hope he gets good wins at ww and get matched up properly, not just being used for his veteran mma status. The way his recent ufc comeback fight happened to be in Japan at lhw against osp just seemed off to me. Oh and btw ww dhk is pretty good.

The guy has heart taking the OSP fight. Glad they are giving him a shot at 170. May never be a contender. But I think he could definitely be top 10-15.

Back