YouTube (Google) and old media waging war with youtube personalities?

EL CORINTHIAN

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

Im a notoriously shit thread starter so bear with me as i realize i cant exactly drop a couple of videos and just bounce without explaining them. Basically the issue is that there is some pressure being put on youtube by coporation's to figure out how to allocate their advertising to non-extreme YT accounts so that they are not associated with these people......ok sure that makes sense. So now youtube has this "restricted" mode that basically blocks a lot of (if not all of) the content being produced by people like the ones above. Im not making this out to be a left vs right thing either as these two ideologically seem to be opposite to one another in many ways (minus PC culture and Islam) but more about old media vs newer platforms. This basically destroys a lot of channels all in one shot as the traffic they will be getting will drop severely and as a result less money coming their way. Pewdiepie is on the extreme list just as a reference point.

Lets be real for a moment, but im willing to wager that most people now a days do not get their news from the telly as much as they do from the net. It's kind of funny because as i watched these two videos it had occurred to me that i have basically given up on watching TV and have completely replaced it with the internet. A lot of the news i hear are either on forums or on youtube from personalities like these two.

I realize im terrible at explaining this stuff so im hoping someone much smarter than me can kick off some dialogue here because it seems important.

Last edited:
on the surface id have to say, if you want to utilize someone elses platform to get some kind of message out they might fuck with you if it crosses with their interests ( money)

theres plenty of other ways to get your message out that dont rely on a corporate entity with its own set of priorities

on the surface id have to say, if you want to utilize someone elses platform to get some kind of message out they might fuck with you if it crosses with their interests ( money)

theres plenty of other ways to get your message out that dont rely on a corporate entity with its own set of priorities
But the thing is this effects people with no real discernible message that can produce a metric fuck ton of money. Like pewdiepie for instance. The dude literally plays video games and im convinced hes half Swedish half retarded. If YouTube decides to ruin a lot of these content providers they will be sending themselves to the grave. Sure its unthinkable that things like Facebook and YouTube could tank but i genuinely believe that its a possibility and this is whats going to destroy it if these people cannot make money in order to produce content.

like no one truly believes pewdiepie is an extremist Nazi except the media. None of his followers are on board with that narrative so whats the point?

But the thing is that this effects people with no real discernable message that can produce a metric fuck ton of money. like pewdiepie. The dude literally plays video games and im convinced hes half Swedish half retarded. If youtube decides to ruin a lot of these content providers they will be sending themselves to the grave. Sure its unthinkable that things like Facebook and YouTube could tank but i genuinely believe that its a possibility and this is whats going to destroy it if these people cannot make money.

so this is about protecting youtube or facebook? you are joking right? isnt this exactly how things are supposed to work? companies make decisions and suffer for them if they end up being poor decisions?

and then rip skater saying Paul Joseph Watson lol which is hilariously ironic to me, isnt he an info wars person and a libertarian?

a libertarian complaining about a corporate owned entity doing whatever the hell it wants?

please just tell me if i am way off here

so this is about protecting youtube or facebook? you are joking right? isnt this exactly how things are supposed to work? companies make decisions and suffer for them if they end up being poor decisions?

and then rip skater saying Paul Joseph Watson lol which is hilariously ironic to me, isnt he an info wars person and a libertarian?

a libertarian complaining about a corporate owned entity doing whatever the hell it wants?

please just tell me if i am way off here
Im not exactly rallying for government intervention here, YT is more than welcome to do as it pleases. Im literally just discussing the implications of what it is they are doing and it would seem you agree with my last post on them suffering. Im merely trying to figure out what incentive is for them to do this if it clearly harms them. Are you not the least bit curious?

Whats the confusion?

Looks like YouTube needs some online competition.

mqdefault.jpg

Im not exactly rallying for government intervention here, YT is more than welcome to do as it pleases. Im literally just discussing the implications of what it is they are doing and it would seem you agree with my last post on them suffering. Im merely trying to figure out what incentive is for them to do this if it clearly harms them. Are you not the least bit curious?

Whats the confusion?

there is no confusion, my first reply to you spelled it out clearly

if they are alienating their streamers and content providers, then those streamers need to take their content, their viewers and all the potential avenue with them to another platform thats it

Just an opportunity for a competitor.

Of course, it's an opportunity if they do nothing as well ...

I've wondered about the advertising for a long time. Commercials are often mismatched with content, which is really inefficient. Not sure why it has taken so long for this to happen.

there is no confusion, my first reply to you spelled it out clearly

if they are alienating their streamers and content providers, then those streamers need to take their content, their viewers and all the potential avenue with them to another platform thats it
I agree.

Go for it man.

if i had a revenue generating channel and was getting fucked with by the people responsible for it, it would certainly be the next logical step

or we could frame it as a yet another left vs right lib vs dem or whatever spin people want put on it

Looks like YouTube needs some online competition.

mqdefault.jpg

They have competition. There's loads of other platforms. Vid.me, Daily Motion, Vimeo.

The content creators that bring the views to Youtube need to organize and form a coalition. Until then, they're just like divided Native American tribes ready to be picked off one by one by the Union soldiers.

They need to have negotiation power with Youtube in order to stop Youtube from dicking them around.

Guys like Pewdiepie, Phil Defranco (sxephil), Sargon of Akkad(Carl Benjamin), Mark Dice, Paul Joseph Watson need a unified rep.

If they're alone they can be targeted individually. If they're unified and have rep. They could negotiate terms. Or even stage a massive switch as a nuclear option.

Last edited:
They have competition. There's loads of other platforms. Vid.me, Daily Motion, Vimeo.

The content creators that bring the views to Youtube need to organize and form a coalition. Until then, they're just like divided Native American tribes ready to be picked off one by one by the Union soldiers.

They need to have negotiation power with Youtube in order to stop Youtube from dicking them around.

Guys like Pewdiepie, Phil Defranco (sxephil), Sargon of Akkad(Carl Benjamin), Mark Dice, Paul Joseph Watson need a unified rep.

If they're alone they can be targeted individually. If they're unified and have rep. They could negotiate terms. Or even stage a massive switch as a nuclear option.
I'm not familiar with the first two. Can anyone post their own video content?

I'm not familiar with the first two. Can anyone post their own video content?

Yep.

Vid.me has Twitch like options for donating to videos you like.

Daily Motion actually has advertising rev sharing like Youtube.

A smart smaller scale Youtuber, "Computingforever" (Dave Cullen) made a great level headed more focused video broaching the Youtube corporatism subject last year.

I don't always agree with Dave Cullen's views. But he's largely a conservative libertarian. So we do agree a lot.

He's the only Youtuber that I see taking the time to upload across all the networks. Sargon of Akkad does like Minds.com as a secondary platform. But he doesn't upload to any other vid sharing site. He mainly keeps accounts there as place holders.

Last edited:
they better not censor the video of me walking a weiner dog. I'll pool my resources and hit back hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back