Your Reaction To Woodley Knocking Out GSP?

Not surprised at all.

If freakin Matt Serra can KO him, Woodley sure as hell can.

I don't know.

But shouldn't we talk about a real KO?

Like this one

And GSP has a suspect chin. But GSP also has the superior striking game all around. Not sure who has the better boxing in round 1 but could be either. GSP don't want Tyron on the ground so it would be a stand up fight.

GSP's more seasoned striking vs Tyron's explosive, KO threatening boxing.

I'd watch. If GSP got caught I'd shake the TV (since I can't shake both fighters' hands the TV would do)

He has a solid chin. GSP was hit behind his left ear in the Serra fight and that is it. He has shown that he can take a punch. He went down one time and it was because of a punch to the back of his head.

One time in what? 10-13 years? If you think his chin is suspect then everyone has a suspect chin.

He has a solid chin. GSP was hit behind his left ear in the Serra fight and that is it. He has shown that he can take a punch. He went down one time and it was because of a punch to the back of his head.

One time in what? 10-13 years? If you think his chin is suspect then everyone has a suspect chin.
He's been rattled more than the gates of hell (hyperbole). And I say this as a GSP fan.

He's a very SMART fighter and he knows how to avoid clean shots on the chin since he's smart enough to KNOW he has a suspect chin. And he's good at responding when he's rattled but LOTS of guys take punches way better than GSP.

But yeah, GSP doesn't take big punches well and Tyron is a big puncher who is FAST enough to land that shot as well. It's dangerous for GSP.

Woodley had his chance to fight GSP..... He failed to win the important fight to get him the shot. He lost a striking match with Jake fucking Shields.

Prime for prime, it isn't even questionable that GSP > Woodley.

I find it more interesting to wonder why so many GSP critics label him boring, too conservative, etc., yet simultaneously are desperate for him to come back and keep fighting top guys (i.e. to lose).

IMHO, quite a number of such 'fans' have very little interest in actually seeing GSP fight...rather, they have already skipped ahead in their mind to a time when GSP finally loses, so that they can login to Sherdog and post a flurry of 'GSP was overrated' and 'GSP is not the GOAT' crap that know they can't get away with posting now.

pathetic lol

I would root for GSP but I would not be surprised if he did get knocked out.

If you can spend entire fights not doing anything, but still knock out Lawler and knock down Thompson, you've got a decent shot, even against the greatest.

XRs.gif

If these two cats fought sometime over the next year and Woodley caught him, what would you think? Would Tyron be the GOAT Welterweight? Would you be part of the 90% of Sherdog that would be salty?

GSP would be the rightful favorite, but Woodley has good wrestling, good take down defense, power in both hands and blistering speed when he's fresh - The idea that he could not just hang with George but catch him with something big and put him out isn't at all outlandish.

I have a feeling this might be what ends up happening, but I haven't made up my mind completely yet. If it did happen and Woodley KO/TKO'ed him, what's your reaction?
Probably more surprised than you'd think.....seeing as he's legit KO'd 2 guys in nearly 5 years

If these two cats fought sometime over the next year and Woodley caught him, what would you think? Would Tyron be the GOAT Welterweight? Would you be part of the 90% of Sherdog that would be salty?

GSP would be the rightful favorite, but Woodley has good wrestling, good take down defense, power in both hands and blistering speed when he's fresh - The idea that he could not just hang with George but catch him with something big and put him out isn't at all outlandish.

I have a feeling this might be what ends up happening, but I haven't made up my mind completely yet. If it did happen and Woodley KO/TKO'ed him, what's your reaction?

When did this happen??

I remember when mods sent this shit to the wasteland.

Imagine this nobody beating GSP. Humorous.

GSP would still be the greatest WW of all time if Woodley KO’d him.

Thats the most likely outcome. No one could be outraged, we all know Tyron has serious KO power

The most likely outcome is Tyron eating a jab over and over, getting taken down and eventually gassing out.

The only people Woodley puts to sleep are audience members.

And GSP has a suspect chin. But GSP also has the superior striking game all around. Not sure who has the better boxing in round 1 but could be either. GSP don't want Tyron on the ground so it would be a stand up fight.

GSP's more seasoned striking vs Tyron's explosive, KO threatening boxing.

I'd watch. If GSP got caught I'd shake the TV (since I can't shake both fighters' hands the TV would do)

GSP has a suspect chin now? Are you new to mma?

Not surprised at all.

If freakin Matt Serra can KO him, Woodley sure as hell can.

If Matt Serra can KO him, Alves sure as hell can.

If Matt Serra can KO him, Diaz sure as hell can.

If Matt Serra can KO him, Condit sure as hell can.

If Matt Serra can KO him, Penn sure as hell can.

If Matt Serra can KO him, Hendricks sure as hell can.

everyone would say GSP is past it or that he wasnt the same after getting Ulcerative Colitus...
KHABIB BEATING GSP ON THE OTHER HAND !!

lol

Back