Your Reaction To Woodley Knocking Out GSP?

GSP has a suspect chin now? Are you new to mma?
Watched since UFC 1 and have friends that train at TriStar. I am saying I'm a huge supporter of GSP and a fan of his. And I genuinely like the guy too. I grew up in Mtl but moved away and even though I've never met him, most of my friends there have, either at a restaurant, club or at the gym.

And I've also had this debate with many ppl. I'll actually go further and say I believe he KNOWS his chin is suspect and he developed a style of fight that works around the fact that he knows flush shots on his chin are more dangerous to him than to most of the division.

But we can agree to disagree - I've also done a lot of that.

Watched since UFC 1 and have friends that train at TriStar. I am saying I'm a huge supporter of GSP and a fan of his. And I genuinely like the guy too. I grew up in Mtl but moved away and even though I've never met him, most of my friends there have, either at a restaurant, club or at the gym.

And I've also had this debate with many ppl. I'll actually go further and say I believe he KNOWS his chin is suspect and he developed a style of fight that works around the fact that he knows flush shots on his chin are more dangerous to him than to most of the division.

But we can agree to disagree - I've also done a lot of that.

He's been tagged hard and clean plenty of times right on that jaw man.. People base that off the first Serra fight, when he was clipped hard by a looping right hand, behind the ear.. And he was tagged hard like 10 times after that and did not go completely out. Yes he famously tapped to strikes we know. But he did not show a bad chin there.. Bisping clipped him hard and clean with a right hand, in his last fight and GSP did not budge. Bisping did KO Luke.. His chin is solid. Is it Hendo in his prime? No obviously. But solid..

He's been tagged hard and clean plenty of times right on that jaw man.. People base that off the first Serra fight, when he was clipped hard by a looping right hand, behind the ear.. And he was tagged hard like 10 times after that and did not go completely out. Yes he famously tapped to strikes we know. But he did not show a bad chin there.. Bisping clipped him hard and clean with a right hand, in his last fight and GSP did not budge. Bisping did KO Luke.. His chin is solid. Is it Hendo in his prime? No obviously. But solid..

I want to be clear that I am NOT talking about the Serra fight. I'm not saying every hard punch will put him down, so it's not shocking he's survived a lot of hard punches. Just saying I've seen him sub-rocked many a time over his career. Not stumbling or fully rocked, but enough to have to recover and intelligently take the fight to the ground.

I don't think he has as good a chin as most of the division. But I think he's 300% better than most of the division is at fighting in a style that works for him.

If you lined up all WWs and went down the line punching them all your hardest (if you punch hard) I'd think he'd fall out in the first 20% to fall out. This is with no defense and no fighting. Just taking shots flush. So i'm speaking just of his ability to eat shots, not his ability to adjust to what's going on. He's a master at that and in a live fight he wouldn't take many such flush punches. But against Tyron I fear he might. Tyron is pretty fast.

But again, that's my personal take.

If Matt Serra can KO him, Alves sure as hell can.

If Matt Serra can KO him, Diaz sure as hell can.

If Matt Serra can KO him, Condit sure as hell can.

If Matt Serra can KO him, Penn sure as hell can.

If Matt Serra can KO him, Hendricks sure as hell can.

I didn't say he would. I said I wouldn't be surprised.

If the fight were to happen, I don't think Woodley knocking out GSP is an unlikely scenario at all.

The most likely outcome is Tyron eating a jab over and over, getting taken down and eventually gassing out.
From what weve seen from lately, Georges will probably be more tired than Tyron. Im not counting out GSP but I would bet if theres any sort of finish, its gonna be Tyron on the feet.

St Pierre .... decision and wouldn't be close. Woodley can handle that riddum....

If these two cats fought sometime over the next year and Woodley caught him, what would you think? Would Tyron be the GOAT Welterweight? Would you be part of the 90% of Sherdog that would be salty?

GSP would be the rightful favorite, but Woodley has good wrestling, good take down defense, power in both hands and blistering speed when he's fresh - The idea that he could not just hang with George but catch him with something big and put him out isn't at all outlandish.

I have a feeling this might be what ends up happening, but I haven't made up my mind completely yet. If it did happen and Woodley KO/TKO'ed him, what's your reaction?
GSP would still be considered top 3 goat

giphy.gif

^^^ My reaction would be Woodley's ^^^
Rory has better hands than GSP and is longer. That gameplan would not work for the french-canadian

How many finishes does Woodley have again in his 18 wins?

GSP has been in the ring with far better strikers than Woodley ...

"Is....Is he casting a spell?

They didn't tell me I'd be fighting a sorcerer!!"
In my experience, when a sorcerer like Rory starts waving their arms around like that, you need to step in and disrupt that shit ASAP.

And GSP has a suspect chin.

giphy.gif

He’s got one of the best in the business. Only dropped by Serra, and a head kick from NBK. He just got nailed flush a few times by a guy that used to be a LHW, and wasn’t dropped.

Your account is way too fucking old for you to spew this obvious rubbish. I’d ask you to supply proof to back up your statement. But everyfuckingbody knows it doesn’t exist.

Wow.

As for the actual thread. Even if they do actually fight. Woodley ain’t knocking out shit.

giphy.gif

If these two cats fought sometime over the next year and Woodley caught him, what would you think? Would Tyron be the GOAT Welterweight? Would you be part of the 90% of Sherdog that would be salty?

GSP would be the rightful favorite, but Woodley has good wrestling, good take down defense, power in both hands and blistering speed when he's fresh - The idea that he could not just hang with George but catch him with something big and put him out isn't at all outlandish.

I have a feeling this might be what ends up happening, but I haven't made up my mind completely yet. If it did happen and Woodley KO/TKO'ed him, what's your reaction?

I think if hes going to win agaisnt GSP..its going to be by K.O..dont see him hanging around cardio wise for 5 rounds of MMA wrestling with GSP..

But that being said..people forget about GSPs stand up game and his ability to blend it with his wrestling..i would say GSP by decision after executing a flawless wrestling/striking performance or late submission is more likely then a Woodley vs lawler type finish for woodley..but he has the power/speed to do it..so wouldn't be shocked or sour..thats gotta be his gameplan agaisnt GSP..IMO

Gsp is goat but tyron Would beat him

Gsp ain't coming back lol. He wanted to see if he still had it and he did. If he cones back he's insane.

Gsp ain't coming back lol. He wanted to see if he still had it and he did. If he cones back he's insane.

I disagree... If he comes back it's because he knows he has a solid chance of beating whomever he ends up fighting.

GSP is by far one of the smartest fighters to ever compete in MMA.

It will be telling if he doesn't come back. If he does, expect him to win.

I want to be clear that I am NOT talking about the Serra fight. I'm not saying every hard punch will put him down, so it's not shocking he's survived a lot of hard punches. Just saying I've seen him sub-rocked many a time over his career. Not stumbling or fully rocked, but enough to have to recover and intelligently take the fight to the ground.

I don't think he has as good a chin as most of the division. But I think he's 300% better than most of the division is at fighting in a style that works for him.

If you lined up all WWs and went down the line punching them all your hardest (if you punch hard) I'd think he'd fall out in the first 20% to fall out. This is with no defense and no fighting. Just taking shots flush. So i'm speaking just of his ability to eat shots, not his ability to adjust to what's going on. He's a master at that and in a live fight he wouldn't take many such flush punches. But against Tyron I fear he might. Tyron is pretty fast.

But again, that's my personal take.
The guy has never been KO'd in his entire career.

Got TKO'd once in a fluke fight.

But has a weak chin?

<LikeReally5>

I would really like to see those times numerous times he got "subbed rocked" that you are talking about.

Back