Your reach:height ratio

5'6 height (hopefully late blooming)...because
73 inch reach

Weight: 130-138 range

Finding an effective style is hard...boxing only

5'6"
71"

I tend to turn my wrist to squeek out an extra inch or two when boxing outside. Helped me against dudes bigger than me, which is nearly everyone.

5'6"
71"

I tend to turn my wrist to squeek out an extra inch or two when boxing outside. Helped me against dudes bigger than me, which is nearly everyone.

Do you still get full leverage...if feel my elbows are always too bent if I try and punch on the inside with a reach like mine...ideally if i had the height to match my reach my style of jabbing from the outside would be much more ideal xD

Do you still get full leverage...if feel my elbows are always too bent if I try and punch on the inside with a reach like mine...ideally if i had the height to match my reach my style of jabbing from the outside would be much more ideal xD

If you're just assuming that it's just a straight line, it would get bent, of course. That's why when up close, I tend to bend my knees lower, widen my stance, twist my ankles inward, and start using hooks and uppercuts. Not much space in front, but you have plenty of space on your side, so your cross feels like a hook when you turn and twist your body while in the inside.

Not sure if I explained that right, but yeah you might have a different strategy since you're lighter in weigth and I'm a heavyweight who can only drop down to 180-190 range, so I'm stocky as fuck.

If you're just assuming that it's just a straight line, it would get bent, of course. That's why when up close, I tend to bend my knees lower, widen my stance, twist my ankles inward, and start using hooks and uppercuts. Not much space in front, but you have plenty of space on your side, so your cross feels like a hook when you turn and twist your body while in the inside.

Not sure if I explained that right, but yeah you might have a different strategy since you're lighter in weigth and I'm a heavyweight who can only drop down to 180-190 range, so I'm stocky as fuck.
Geez a 5'6 heavyweight...like Sam Langford's second coming or something, that's beast...I do need to work on my inside game because at the moment I do feel more like a shorter version of Amir Khan with slightly longer arms...no inside game...good outside game...I'll have to try what you're saying.

Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 200lbs.
Reach: 74.5"

I have pretty long arms for my height. My instructor makes fun if me all the time haha.

5' 11"

68".....LOL

I can't strike for shit as a result, but get me into deep half guard and I can pummel under you like a squirmy t-rex!

ok so never really thought much about this, as i presumed being only about 5`6 or 7 i would have an awful reach being so short.. but reading this thread i measured and it was 71" . Going by the average reach= height theory someone said....

....This would make me have above average something. Therefore this cannot be true surely?

I'm 5'10" and reach 70" 165lbs. It pisses me off when I see these UFC bantam weights with the same reach but they are 5'6" :( Luckily I have good kicks.

6"2 27in

Edit: I didn't realize there was so many superhumans here on sherdog! and you're all fighters too! Man thats exciting!

Last edited:
at least you're honest, unlike 98% of this thread.

You can't tell people they're lying. What's there to lie about when talking about your arms and height in the fight game...if this was a basketball forum and everyone was saying they're 6 10 then maybe...i could see where you're coming from, but honestly you're coming across as bitter for no reason lol

You can't tell people they're lying. What's there to lie about when talking about your arms and height in the fight game...if this was a basketball forum and everyone was saying they're 6 10 then maybe...i could see where you're coming from, but honestly you're coming across as bitter for no reason lol

Idk I think one said he was 6ft and had a 77.5in reach... that's craaazyyy

180 cm tall

73 cm from armpit to middlefinger

Wingspan isn't same as reach imo

Edit: measured slightly wrong

Back